Question Broken fx8350 pin, wont run ram in dual chamnel

Apr 17, 2019
Hey guys, so I’ve dropped my new cpu fx8350 while trying to install. Bent some pins and I’ve put them straight again. Noticed that one pin is broken off missing and it’s when gold triangle is at right top corner then the broken pin is bottom right corner. It’s the most cornered pin. Sooo.. I’ve installed cpu anyway and it kinda works. Only problem I have is that my ram 2x4gb won’t run in dual channel. In BIOS it says its 8gb single channel. Is there any information on which pin on fx 8350 does what? Or is there something else you guys could advise me?

liamwhalley20

Prominent
Nov 27, 2018
How many ram slots do you have? Could be in the wrong slot as it is obviously recognising you have 8gb, if you have them in the slots right next to each other then move one of them into the third slot :)

Apr 17, 2019
I have asrock 970 extreme4. There are 4slots. White blue white blue. It was always in my white ones running dual channel with old cpu. I’ve tried every combo with the 2sticks and sometimes it wouldn’t even boot. :(

You can get a used black editon on E-bay for about $55-65 u.s. Not much you can do about a missing pin.
Over heating of ram or cpu or just all?
Well I am talking about cpu overheating, and your operating system operating correctly. I doubt a missing pin will cause your ram to overheat. Also in single channel mode you will probably only take about a 15% in performance compared to dual channel in gaming and not as much in everything else.

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2019
You can get a used black editon on E-bay for about $55-65 u.s. Not much you can do about a missing pin.

Well I am talking about cpu overheating, and your operating system operating correctly. I doubt a missing pin will cause your ram to overheat.
I’ve bought a new one for 62euro in netherlands with wraith cooler. They are real cheap for their performance . I just hope i dont have to buy new one

Apr 17, 2019
Sooo when i put 2gb sticks into 1 and 3 slot, how it ran dual channel with old cpu, it says in bios that its in there and i have 8gb then i go to task manager and it says 4gb only. Same with 2 and 4 slot. I tried putting 1stick only into 3 and 4 slot, it doesnt boot and gives me postcode 54. When i put both sticks into 1 and 2 slot it says i have 8gb in task manager and everywhere else, but the problem is its single channel... i updated the bios before placing the new cpu because i had to. Would clearing cmos help? Clearing cmos would restore the bios but then its not supported by the cpu.. so what do i do? Please help

Apr 17, 2019
No its the one thats missing 1pin. It runs well with single channel, but just kinda curious if its fixable. I don unrderstand what vvs shortage means. So you think because of the broken pin slots 3 and 4 dont work?