[SOLVED] broken gpu

Jul 3, 2020
hello,i just built my first computer and i bought a second hand broken rx 470 4GB hoping that i can somehow fix it and when i try to boot up my computer when i have the gpu installed it doesn't boot up at all,

I have no image on the monitor but all fans are spinning,including the gpu fan,is there any way i can fix it ?

Solution
If the GPU is definitely broken (and judging by your post I'd say it is), fixing it isn't an option, certainly not at home anyway.

You might be able to get a PC repair centre to take a look at it but it will cost you, though I suspect they wouldn't be interested in even looking at it

Almost invariably, a broken GPU is scrap unless it's still under manufacturer's warranty, and even then they seldom repair it, they just exchange it for a new one.

If you can get a refund of your money, that's the only good part.
If the GPU is definitely broken (and judging by your post I'd say it is), fixing it isn't an option, certainly not at home anyway.

You might be able to get a PC repair centre to take a look at it but it will cost you, though I suspect they wouldn't be interested in even looking at it

Almost invariably, a broken GPU is scrap unless it's still under manufacturer's warranty, and even then they seldom repair it, they just exchange it for a new one.

Solution
Jul 3, 2020

i just found out it's fried,thanks anyway

TRENDING THREADS