Cjparra

Commendable
Nov 9, 2020
So I’m new to the pc scene as I just built mine a little over 3 months ago. For my gpu I chose to go with a 2070 super. Everything was working great until the other day I was exiting off of a game and instead of taking me back to desktop I completely lost all display and had to shut my computer off. After it failed to to turn back on again I popped it open and thought I could smell a faint burning aroma but I’m not 100% sure. Every time I tried to boot the computer back up, the white vga light on my motherboard would turn on and no display would show. After some further testing Im near positive that the problem is with my gpu.
I’ve come to the conclusion that I’m going to have to buy another gpu but I’d like to know what I did wrong so I don’t end up wasting another 500 dollars. Was there something in the settings I should have changed? Because I was using the default settings and didn’t tamper with any of that. Was that stupid of me? Did I make some beginner mistake? I honestly have no clue what it could have been. Any input is appreciated!

Cjparra

Commendable
Nov 9, 2020
what are your complete system specs, specifically I'm wondering if you have an intel CPU and integrated graphics? if yes pull the GPU out of the system and see if the PC will run without the card in it.
Unfortunately I don’t have in intel cpu. I have the Ryzen 5 3600, Asus b550 WiFi, 16gb of Corsair vengeance pro, and the evga 2070 super