[SOLVED] Broken Graphic Card

Apr 11, 2021
So i just bought a old graphic card,Amd Radeon HD 7730 and i tried to install that to my computer.The GPU fan still running good but when i plug the cable,my screen doesn't show anything and when i plug the cable to the motherboard (on board GPU) the screen light up.I enter the device manager and it didn't detect the HD 7730.Plz help.I checked the gpu and the inside core doesn't get hot,it's not too cold but not hot at all.They said that this is a dead GPU.Any solution?

Solution
It Depends on The Efficieny Rating Of Your PSU. PSUs Can't Provide The Advertised Wattage Except If They're Gold Rated.
That's not how it works at all. Efficiency is the measured difference between what the system uses vs how much it pulls from the wall(output/input). The rating is not a measure of how much the psu can deliver to the system.
Apr 11, 2021
Who told you that? The seller?
If yes, why are you surprised it doesn't work?
If no, they are probably right.

If you are interested in fixing it, it's probably not worth the effort, time and money.
I tried to give it back to them but they didn't accept it.So i have to give the web (Shoppe VN) more proof.I will tried one more time and if it doesn't work i think i will film a video and send the web for my money back

So i just bought a old graphic card,Amd Radeon HD 7730 and i tried to install that to my computer.The GPU fan still running good but when i plug the cable,my screen doesn't show anything and when i plug the cable to the motherboard (on board GPU) the screen light up.I enter the device manager and it didn't detect the HD 7730.Plz help.I checked the gpu and the inside core doesn't get hot,it's not too cold but not hot at all.They said that this is a dead GPU.Any solution?
Can you list the rest of your system spec?

There may be a setting in the motherboard bios that needs to be changed for the GPU to be detected. You can also try pulling the GPU out and inserting it back into the PCIE slot to see if it wasn't properly inserted before.

Reactions: spentshells

DSzymborski

Titan
I tried to give it back to them but they didn't accept it.So i have to give the web (Shoppe VN) more proof.I will tried one more time and if it doesn't work i think i will film a video and send the web for my money back

Again, who is "they?" If the seller told you it was broken, I'm not sure what your complaint is. Being a bit more clear would greatly assist us in helping you. If the GPU had been working, you wouldn't get it for $5.

Reactions: spentshells
Apr 11, 2021
Can you list the rest of your system spec?

There may be a setting in the motherboard bios that needs to be changed for the GPU to be detected. You can also try pulling the GPU out and inserting it back into the PCIE slot to see if it wasn't properly inserted before.
Full spec:
Motherboard:GA-H61M-DS2 rev 5.0
Cpu: Intel Pentium G2030
Ram: 4gb 1333mhz (dual channel)
Bios:F6
PSU: Jetek G300
I am using HDD 250gb from Seagate

Well it certainly seems dead
go into the bios and change to pcie display
turn the computer off and unplug it
pull the card out
pull out the motherboard battery
wait 5 mins
put the battery back in
put the card back in
plug in the display cable to the video card
power up the computer
if you see video good
if you do not I bet you got a bumb card
also don't plan on getting 300fps even if the card does work

David0ne86

Prominent
Mar 11, 2021
LMAO 300 fps on minecraft with a 7730. Dude must be trolling. Besides why in the f would you need 300 fps on minecraft. That e sport minecraft tournament must be tight, i need 54867548 fps!!!11!!!11

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 11, 2021
So i bought a PowerColor Amd Hd 7730 for 5$(I don't have money it just for a 60fps minecraft) and it seem to be broken.I brought it to fix and they say it work but it was too old to work fine and idk how did it work bcs it just seem dead on my pc after they give it back.I tried many way and i just tried to install newest driver for it but like nothing change and it ran into BSOD while restarting after installing the driver.The fan is still spinning loudly and it does get hot in the gpu core.I think my bios got some problem in getting it work bcs sometime it trying switch to gpu display instead of igpu but it got frozen and only stop working if i press the power button(It instant shut down not like holding for 5s,weird).Full specs btw
CPU: Intel Pentium G2030
Mobo: Gigabyte H61M-DS2 rev 5.0
Ram: 2gb HyperX Ripjaw 1600mhz and 2gb Memory Power 1600mhz (It work fine on dual channel)
Storage:Seagate 250gb HDD
PSU:Jetex G300
It is like a old system and old bios ver too.
I doesn't want it dead bcs 5$ is a big money in my country and i am a child
And my pc keep stucking at Preparing Window after i plug the graphics card 2 hours ago and it delete my discord everytime.

Jacob 51

Notable
Dec 31, 2020
So i bought a PowerColor Amd Hd 7730 for 5$(I don't have money it just for a 60fps minecraft) and it seem to be broken.I brought it to fix and they say it work but it was too old to work fine and idk how did it work bcs it just seem dead on my pc after they give it back.I tried many way and i just tried to install newest driver for it but like nothing change and it ran into BSOD while restarting after installing the driver.The fan is still spinning loudly and it does get hot in the gpu core.I think my bios got some problem in getting it work bcs sometime it trying switch to gpu display instead of igpu but it got frozen and only stop working if i press the power button(It instant shut down not like holding for 5s,weird).Full specs btw
CPU: Intel Pentium G2030
Mobo: Gigabyte H61M-DS2 rev 5.0
Ram: 2gb HyperX Ripjaw 1600mhz and 2gb Memory Power 1600mhz (It work fine on dual channel)
Storage:Seagate 250gb HDD
PSU:Jetex G300
It is like a old system and old bios ver too.
I doesn't want it dead bcs 5$ is a big money in my country and i am a child
And my pc keep stucking at Preparing Window after i plug the graphics card 2 hours ago and it delete my discord everytime.
Either your PSU has a problem, or the graphics card instead. I've never heard of "Jetex G300". How much watts is that PSU?

DSzymborski

Titan
300w.It is a Vietnam PSU.It is a fine PSU not like trash no name china psu

OK, can you show us the voltage regulation and ripple data you got on the testing equipment that you used in order to make such a statement?

(For everyone else, the Jetek G300 is another junky PSU, a group-regulated one that in some version of this PSU, doesn't even get 200W on the +12V rail).

bignastyid

Titan
It Depends on The Efficieny Rating Of Your PSU. PSUs Can't Provide The Advertised Wattage Except If They're Gold Rated.
That's not how it works at all. Efficiency is the measured difference between what the system uses vs how much it pulls from the wall(output/input). The rating is not a measure of how much the psu can deliver to the system.

Reactions: Jacob 51 and dotas1
Solution