[SOLVED] Broken GTX 1050 ti?

Help94

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2014
Hello I'm new here and I need help, my GTX 1050 ti suddenly goes black screen after a few minutes, sometimes a different color, and sometimes after windows loads its just a blank screen, I was wondering if the GTX is at fault or if its the HDMI to VGA adaptor, Ive been using adaptor because I dont have a monitor that supports HDMI, please help :(

Solution
OEM apps can cause issues out of proportion to their usefulness.
They are usually the default, I would not install them.
I think I would do a clean install of your graphics driver.
Download it directly from nvidia.
Be selective on what you install.
There is no need for sound support, 3d support, and perhaps even nvidia experience.

Instead of an adapter, buy a complete cable with hdmi at one end and vga at the other.
Reducing connections is a good thing.

Help94

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2014
Could be adapter. Try with a different adapter.

Could be also bad cable or bad monitor.

I sure hope so, I bought this just GPU last year and I used my savings to buy a black shark 2 pro which means it'll take some time to buy a new GPU if it is the problem.
I will try to test the adapter till I narrow down the problem

Help94

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2014
what if, a corrupt installation from an update? or virus? is it possible to cause black screen?
I forgot to mention, the GPU has an app called gigabyte OC, when I opened it, it prompt for an installation and it shouldnt do that because its already installed, then suddenly my GPU fan starts to run fast, faster than normal then black screen appear

OEM apps can cause issues out of proportion to their usefulness.
They are usually the default, I would not install them.
I think I would do a clean install of your graphics driver.
Download it directly from nvidia.
Be selective on what you install.
There is no need for sound support, 3d support, and perhaps even nvidia experience.

Instead of an adapter, buy a complete cable with hdmi at one end and vga at the other.
Reducing connections is a good thing.

Solution

Randi Poling

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2014
I sure hope so, I bought this just GPU last year and I used my savings to buy a black shark 2 pro which means it'll take some time to buy a new GPU if it is the problem.
I will try to test the adapter till I narrow down the problem

First, the GPU probably has like a 3 year warranty from the Manufacturer. So dont worry. Second, does your 1050ti have a Display Port output? try a display port to VGA adapter. (does sound like the adapter or the cable, maybe find a full display port to VGA cable)

Help94

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2014
3d support
Ive done some digging and apparently 3D vision is no longer supported at update 418 and above (mine is 441.66) and the weird part is 3D vision is on my startup program which I dont have before maybe thats causing the black screen, and I did a clean install last night used DDU to remove the driver, so far its working I hope it wont return again. Thanks

display port to VGA adapter
that exist? yes I have display port, Ill find some online and order, will try that thanks

Help94

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2014
so far its working now now black screens, except for some tearing during gameplay but probably just some v-sync issue, thanks for all the replies