[SOLVED] Broken HDMI port, any suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

markfj

Reputable
Dec 7, 2020
Hi hope this is the right part to post in.

Basically I've got a broken HDMI port of my desktop, so using the VGA port.

Is there any adapters I can use or anything to be able to use the hdmi cable somehow, the display was much better on hdmi than my VGA

Thanks

Solution
Even if you adapted from VGA to HDMI, you would still be limited to the capabilities of VGA which are far inferior (The display was much better on hdmi) to HDMI. The ONLY way you could adapt from another output to HDMI and get similar capabilities would be if you adapted from DVI or Displayport to HDMI. What outputs do you have on your desktop? Are you using the outputs of the CPU integrated graphics via the motherboard or are you using a discreet graphics card?

Also, you could always install a graphics card.
Even if you adapted from VGA to HDMI, you would still be limited to the capabilities of VGA which are far inferior (The display was much better on hdmi) to HDMI. The ONLY way you could adapt from another output to HDMI and get similar capabilities would be if you adapted from DVI or Displayport to HDMI. What outputs do you have on your desktop? Are you using the outputs of the CPU integrated graphics via the motherboard or are you using a discreet graphics card?

Also, you could always install a graphics card.

Reactions: markfj
Solution

markfj

Reputable
Dec 7, 2020
Thanks very much for the reply. I should have known earlier but never heard or looked into DVI before you mentioned it

In the end I needed a DVI to HDMI cables and that's made things so much clearer than the VGA so thanks for your help much appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.