[SOLVED] Broken hinge and the laptop screen won't turn on

Apr 18, 2020
Hi,
I'm having some great issues with my computer since I tried to fix it myself (as always). First, I wasn't able to get WiFi connection for this or that reason and I decided to explore myself on the hardware of my laptop. The issue wasn't solved and others appeared : first, my laptop screen won't turn on. It stayed black, but the laptop was definitely working. Second, the hinge of my laptop was absolutely destroyed and there was a missing part of plastic. I could even see the LVDS cables between the motherboard and the screen of my laptop.
So here I am now :
A black screen at boot, the logo (MSI dragon behind the screen) doesn't turn on too. I tried to plug in an external monitor with a HDMI cable - this works perfectly fine. The hinge of my laptop is really damaged at its left side, where I could see the LVDS cable (which might be the issue). I thought about several things : is my GPU dead ? No, otherwise it couldn't work on another display. Is my screen dead ? Perhaps, can't tell. Is there any cable unplugged or damaged ? Perhaps, can't tell. Oh but, I fixed the WiFi issue!
Is there anything to do ? Such as a motherboard reset (with the circular battery at the middle of the motherboard) ? Try to plug, unplug, plug again, every wire ?
Before sending my laptop to a fixing center, is there anything you could recommend me to do to try fixing the issue ? Thank you a lot !

Solution
the camera is connected to the motherboard via a separate cable than your display.

physical damage cannot affect software unless the disk or chip it is stored on is damaged.
Apr 18, 2020
Hi, I noticed something really strange. The integrated webcam of my laptop is still working, while my screen isn't. Isn't it weird since the webcam is at the top of the screen ?? Maybe its juste a software issue ?