Status
Not open for further replies.

WillRyan

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2006
I purchased my iPod in November last year at Best Buy, and purchased the 2 Year Coverage on it since I was told it would cover physical damage, which I figured would be pretty handy since I deploy a lot.

I deployed in January, and my iPod came with me. It was perfect for working in the desert; portable, easy to use with Mechanics gloves on, and it was loud (I work around Aircraft). Well, about 2 weeks after arriving in-theatre, I was doing a Generator change, which are about 80 Pounds of Metal. I got myself into position to lift the generator into place, and felt a pop in my Cargo Pocket. Thinking it was a Pencil, I kept working. I got back on our truck, pulled out my iPod and saw that the face was cracked badly. It still played, but it was kind of like playing Guess that Tune.

I dealt with this for 4 Months. After getting back to the States, I went to Best Buy, Paperwork in hand, to see what I could do about getting a new iPod. I was told by the clerk that the warantee doesn't cover Physical Damage. Needless to say, I was annoyed, and am still trying to find a way to replace my iPod. Anyone have any ideas?

shogunboy

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2006
Alright, if you still have the warrenty, then send it to apple instead. If they refuse, and it says it covers phyical damages, then complain to them. If you have to, try to sue them.

Status
Not open for further replies.