[SOLVED] Broken motherboard or ram slot ?

Dec 18, 2018
hi good day evryone. so my friend got this motherboard which he ask to me to test if its still working. so i try to run it, installing my working cpu and ram sticks. but my problem is THERE IS NO DISPLAY on the monitor's screen, although the fans are working. i try cleaning the ram, resetting the bios. cleaning the ram slot, cleaning cpu slot, i've done almost everything i could to fix it but still THE PROBLEM PERSIST. i would really appreciate your help
Here are the specs: CPU: AMD Athlon ll x2 240
MOTHERBOARD: EMX-AMD880HD3-PRO
RAM:2gb ddr3

Solution
Which videocard? Maybe it's not supported. Do you know about Legacy bios and UEFI? I tried looking, but there really isn't much info on this board s it's some low end board.

Old hardware sometimes doesn't support certain and most new GPU because they run on different type of bios (modern).

What is the problem that your friend is having with it? No display as you are having?

Sorry I should have included this right away. You should go to this link and follow the guide for no display problem. You'll likely figure it out on your own with this link. Let me know what you find

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-post-boot-video-problems

Dec 18, 2018

yes, i used a working video card.

Which videocard? Maybe it's not supported. Do you know about Legacy bios and UEFI? I tried looking, but there really isn't much info on this board s it's some low end board.

Old hardware sometimes doesn't support certain and most new GPU because they run on different type of bios (modern).

What is the problem that your friend is having with it? No display as you are having?

Sorry I should have included this right away. You should go to this link and follow the guide for no display problem. You'll likely figure it out on your own with this link. Let me know what you find

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-post-boot-video-problems

Solution
Dec 18, 2018

could it be that the motherboard is broken? coz' i try turning it on without the ram stick but i did not receive any post beep.

Yona Millner

Prominent
Jul 15, 2017

its the motherboard. just had the same problem.

Dec 18, 2018

so if i can manage to restore those socket am i able to make it work?