Question Broken oled tv

Jan 27, 2020
Hello,

A little bit of a wierd question but maybe someone will be available to answer. I have a Oled tv which was broke by one of my flatmates at my place. The TV turns on for a second, horizontal lines appear and then it turns off. The screen has a visible dent from which the lines spread so clearly the panel is damaged. My question is : is it possible to pinpoint the exact day when the TV was damaged?. If I got a professional engineer to take a look would they be able to determine when exactly this happened? It happened a co

Jan 27, 2020
Don't you know when your he broke it since this is your place?

That's what I'm trying to establish. I rent 3 rooms to 3 different people and they're home at different times and days and I'm barely there .Even after a lot of arguing noone wants to admit who's done it. If I could figure out when exactly it happened I could potentially find the culprit.

oldcracc

Reputable
Apr 10, 2019
How much does it even cost? It would probably just cost more to hire somebody to look into it rather than just purchase a new one...

Or just have them buy a new TV if they really want one, if no ones going to admit to it, then have them buy it themselves since your not even in the room often.

D

Deleted member 14196

you should be charging extra for insurance purposes so you can replace it. but all around it sounds like a terrible arrangement. I hate sharing my place with anyone but my son. lol but he doesn't break stuff, he just eats a lot... lol and watches lots of anime, but I don't care.

someone is lying and you have to determine who it is, but how to prove it? ugh. good luck.

USAFRet

Titan
You can't positively determine when.

2 options:
Suck it up and buy a new one. This falls under being a landlord. Stuff gets broken.

or

Let them figure it out. One of them knows who did it.
"OK, I'm not replacing this until you guys come up with some money. One of you knows who did it, the other two suspect. You're all adults, you figure it out."

Jan 27, 2020
Thank you everyone for your kind replies. The TV cost 2500 £ so it will be tough to get the culprit to pay for it.. I was a litte unreasonable for living the TV without any supervision.is there any TV engineer here who can advise if its even economical to try to get the TV repaired?
There must by a way to pinpoint through maybe the software or the screen activiti when it happened? Does not even have to be the exact time but roughly when it happened? :(

TRENDING THREADS