Broken or Faulty Motherboard

Nov 7, 2018
Hello, I recently bought a few component for my pc build, I bought a MSI B350 Krait Gaming MOBO, a Ryzen7 2700 CPU, 2x8GB HyperX 2400mhz RAM, WD Black 1TB HDD, 120GB Kingston SSD and finally a Corsair 650W PSU. So, after plugging everything correctly I went to power on my system and I saw that my keyboard and mouse weren't getting power, there was also No Signal on my monitor. Yes I double checked everything, I even disassembled everything and added those screws (standoffs) that keep the motherboard in place to debunk the fact that there was any shortage... So, the system turns on, every fan spin (including the GPU's). Does anyone know what to do? Could this be bad luck and I got a faulty motherboard?

Nov 7, 2018
I used my old PSU (also 650W) and the problem was still there. I doubt it's a power issue. The PC starts and shuts down but won't go into any screen nor give signal to the monitor. Mouse and keyboard won't light up. It's brand new, I literally picked the PSU 4 hours ago. Could this be a CPU issue? Come to think, it would be a MOBO issue, since no power goes out. I also tried messing with the RAM sticks, I used 1, nothing happed, I completely removed the RAM sticks and the CPU fan was stuck in this power on speed thing. I also noticed a Red light next to the PCIE slot when I tried powering on the PC (every part was connected).

racksmith101

Respectable
Simple answer is your mobo needs a bios update to support your CPU, you need a series 1 ryzen CPU to update the bios. AMD offer a bootkit service for this purpose. You should also get a 3000mhz ram kit instead of the 2400 which will hamstring your system.

Nov 7, 2018
Are you sure that this particular MOBO needs a bios upgrade? As far as I know it has compatibility with the Ryzen 7 2700. Hence why I bought it. Are you really sure it's that?

Nov 7, 2018
Alright thanks for your answer and for the help! I sent AMD an email for a Boot Kit request. I guess I saw what updates were available and not what was in the motherboard itself.