Question Broken PIN USB 3.2 Gen 1 header

Mar 5, 2021
Hey everyone
I bought a ROG STRIX Z590-E GAMING and yesterday I was plugging the USB 3.2 Gen 1 module, I don't know how, but it wasn't plugged correctly and when I removed the module from the header, the pin was broken...
So I don't know if the port will work with that pin broken, do you know? Or is there anymore port to plug it?
The broken pin is the one that is circled.
Thank you
Have a nice day

185630052_Capturadeecr2021-03-05093322.png.209e3188a695fbc60dc3360ffb88dc2d.png

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I've had a couple of people who broke that pin or another ground pin alone, but the connector still worked. You could try soldering a pin there but the process will need steady hands and a delicate approach. If the USB ports don't work on the front panel, well, you know why. The only way forward to regain the front panel ports is to either RMA the board(doubt they will) or replace the board or just say I don't need the ports.

Reactions: Paperdoc
Mar 5, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I've had a couple of people who broke that pin or another ground pin alone, but the connector still worked. You could try soldering a pin there but the process will need steady hands and a delicate approach. If the USB ports don't work on the front panel, well, you know why. The only way forward to regain the front panel ports is to either RMA the board(doubt they will) or replace the board or just say I don't need the ports.
I don't know how to solder so I won't even try that :sweatsmile:
I guess I will have to wait until the computer is ready to check if it works or not.
Thank you for your reply