Broken PSU cable connector

konstobo

Prominent
Jul 29, 2017
Hello,
the plastic part of a 15 pin connector from my PSU is broken.
I used glue to put it together, but it didn't last much.
Is there a way that I can replace the plastic part?
If yes, can anyone name the part that I need?

Solution
^ its not something corsair would supply at all IMO.

If you buy a sata power slitter for a few dollars (readily available on Amazon/eBay) you could either glue that single connector on permanently to your broken one or cut one of the extenders off & use it as a replacement.

41KmkwQ8lRL._SY400_.jpg

That said do you actually need that sata power connector ??

You could just buy a molex to sata adapter & use that instead.

41nBL26wqaL._SY400_.jpg
D

Deleted member 1443762

SATA Power connector. You might be able to just buy a new cable if your PSU is modular? Can you check if it can be disconnected from the PSU. If not then I'm sure it can be repaired.

D

Deleted member 1443762

No doubt repairable, somewhere. If it's costly then buy a new PSU altogether. VS Isn't that great.

konstobo

Prominent
Jul 29, 2017
I will try to contact Corsair and see if they can sent to me a new connector to replace it myself.
The warranty is still on, so maybe they will accept it I hope.
Thanks anyway.

^ its not something corsair would supply at all IMO.

If you buy a sata power slitter for a few dollars (readily available on Amazon/eBay) you could either glue that single connector on permanently to your broken one or cut one of the extenders off & use it as a replacement.

41KmkwQ8lRL._SY400_.jpg

That said do you actually need that sata power connector ??

You could just buy a molex to sata adapter & use that instead.

41nBL26wqaL._SY400_.jpg

Solution

konstobo

Prominent
Jul 29, 2017
As I mentioned earlier, the PSU is not modular, so cable management is a little harsh. I only use two disks (HDD and SSD) without any other peripherals at all, so I have many cables to fold and keep out of the way. I just found the sweet spot for easy accessibility on every component, while maintaining a neat look on the cables and sufficient air circulation, so instead of using another cable-connector from the hidden ones, I would like to repair the damaged one and use it. I saw a video on youtube yesterday, I hope it applies here too. Otherwise I will do what you recommended.
https://youtu.be/Ls14BmwkeWg?t=1m31s