[SOLVED] Broken psu?

magnus2307

Prominent
Nov 28, 2018
So ive got a new psu (RM850x) for my new build, it works fine and all, i get booted into bios and its all good, but the second i try to boot into windows or usb (with media creation thing) it freezes completely, i noticed it happens EVERY TIME when my keyboard gets lit up (1-2 seconds after lights on)
I switched back to my 550w (Gpu,Cpu and MB connected), booted it up and it went smoothly into the usb ready for a windows install.

So my question is: is my RM850x defect? Or is my brain defect as i got no clue why it happens

Fun side fact: after i plugging in my whole system the 550w psu popped and fried one of my fans + HDD :)

Solution
RMA the PSU and Corsair should be easy to get a replacement from. If it worked with another PSU, it should have worked with the RM850x no problem.

Just make sure the 550w didn't kill anything else.

magnus2307

Prominent
Nov 28, 2018
RMA the PSU and Corsair should be easy to get a replacement from. If it worked with another PSU, it should have worked with the RM850x no problem.

Just make sure the 550w didn't kill anything else.
Well ram, cpu, gpu, ssd’s plus rest of fans seems fine, and i assume MB is fine as i was in bios chilling after the incident (testing componenets with 850 as it can still get me to bios) so i guess its all ok? Dont really know how to health inspect parts or mb