Question Broken R9 270x causing crashes?

Mar 23, 2020
Hello, my current GPU (R9 270x) seems to be failing. My computer crashed about 9 months ago and I basically stopped using it but recently I did a fresh install of Windows 8.1. It turned on but there were these distorted vertical bars across the screen. It was still working fine but then the display turned off but the computer kept running. When I restarted it I got the Windows didn't load correctly error (I can still boot in safe mode). The card is pretty old (4 or 5 years) so I'm assuming it's what's causing the bars and the display turning off. My main questions are: Is there anything I can do to fix the card/this situation? And could there possibly be some problem besides the card. Here are some photos:
View: https://imgur.com/a/UGqUMCA
Edit: The display turns off in safe mode too

Mar 23, 2020
I would pull the card and make sure there is no dust blocking the heat sink and or fan/exhaust on the 270x. Could be a bad HDMI cable but I would do the dust check ASAP
Hi, thanks for your reply. I cleaned the dust off and also changed cables but unfortunately am getting the same errors. When I start my PC it usually starts by having a "Loading files" bar at the bottom and also has these horizontal red bars with a black background. Then a "Microsoft Corporation" bar begins loading. From here, it either takes me to the Windows did not start correctly screen or the screen just stays black (but still dimly lit). I'm hoping that the card isn't completely broken because it can load sometimes though inconsistently. Anything else I can do?