[SOLVED] Broken Ryzen2200g Pin

delanohughes1217

Prominent
Dec 29, 2018
I have 2 pins that are broken on the bottom of my ryzen 3 2200g, anybody know any fixes because all my parts were gifts for christmas and i dont have the money for a replacement

Solution
Where are the pins? If they're stuck in the socket, they might still 'work' once you insert the CPU as they're still making contact. Don't put them in the socket though if they're not stuck.

Whether it's a game-over scenario though, depends on the specific pins. That pin may be ground, or for a certain memory channel, or unused entirely. In those situations, it's possible to use the CPU without them. Without knowing which pins are damaged though, coupled with a wiring diagram, I can't say if you can/should use it or not.

As for 'fixing', it's not a DIY process, unfortunately. Not really economical either.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Where are the pins? If they're stuck in the socket, they might still 'work' once you insert the CPU as they're still making contact. Don't put them in the socket though if they're not stuck.

Whether it's a game-over scenario though, depends on the specific pins. That pin may be ground, or for a certain memory channel, or unused entirely. In those situations, it's possible to use the CPU without them. Without knowing which pins are damaged though, coupled with a wiring diagram, I can't say if you can/should use it or not.

As for 'fixing', it's not a DIY process, unfortunately. Not really economical either.

Solution