Broken screen and stuck in safe mode

blarge

Honorable
Jun 19, 2012
Hello,

I needed to fix something from my laptop in safe mode, and I had previously broken my laptop screen and have been using an external monitor. I did not know that a signal would not be sent to the external monitor while in safe mode. I'm at a loss at what to do except save to fix my laptop screen.
Does anyone know what to do?! Help would be much appreciated.

- I really shouldn't be allowed near technology.

Just a thought - While in normal mode, change the display resolution to 800x600 - reboot into safe mode. That is the default resolution for safe mode, and your higher resolution may be causing the 'no signal'

manafr

Honorable
Nov 26, 2012
I have the same problem. I have a broken monitor on my laptop and have activated safe mode through msconfig. Now it opens in safe mode and won't taken my external monitor. Can someone please tell me how to cancel the safe mode without seeing a display or how to activate the external monitory while on safe mode? The quotation i have got for replacing my laptop monitor would cost me the same price to buy a new laptop with average specs. I really need someone's help. Manaf (mrazack@hotmail.com)

cashout31

Honorable
Nov 29, 2012
Not a problem at all. Restarting in safe mode with a broken screen can be frustrating. Solution: First of all connect an alternative monitor, which in this case has already been done. After restarting, barely close the laptop to the point where the laptop screen turns off. The alternative monitor will now automatically pick up the signal and turn on. Now, you should be able to squeeze your thumb underneath the and click enter on the appropriate command.

Hope this helps