[SOLVED] Broken Screen Lenovo C340 Ideapad, Touchscreen Laptop Have I Any Options or is it Junk?

Aug 9, 2020
My daughter has broken the screen on her C340, it's only about 8 months old, it's a Ryzen 5 APU machine. I've tried looking online and the only replacement I can get for an LCD and digitizer combined are from China, I live in the UK. I haven't bothered asking Lenovo as I know it will not be cost effective. I've done a few repairs laptops and feel confident to repair this following a youtube video.

The cheaper option if it's viable is to by a non-touchscreen LCD from a supplier in the UK, it's a lot cheaper. I just don't know if it would work, as I don't understand the software or hardware that operates a touch screen. Just wondered if anybody could advise please? Thanks for any help

Solution
Is just the digitizer (glass) broke or the LCD broke as-well (no picture at all)?

• For option 1 (only Digitizer, aka glass) you can buy it easily for a cheap price.
  • For option 2 (Digitizer /glass + LCD) you can replace both with a non-touchscreen replacement while making sure that all of the components are similar (same size of the cable, the same size of frame, etc..)

Technically, there is nothing too complicated about it and it should work.

if you have further questions you are welcome to ask, hope it was clear enough.
Aug 12, 2020
Is just the digitizer (glass) broke or the LCD broke as-well (no picture at all)?

• For option 1 (only Digitizer, aka glass) you can buy it easily for a cheap price.
  • For option 2 (Digitizer /glass + LCD) you can replace both with a non-touchscreen replacement while making sure that all of the components are similar (same size of the cable, the same size of frame, etc..)

Technically, there is nothing too complicated about it and it should work.

if you have further questions you are welcome to ask, hope it was clear enough.

Solution
Aug 9, 2020
Thanks for taking the time to reply Imaori, it's much appreciated. I ordered the full assembly before you replied. I'm just awaiting delivery which is going to take a while.

I was wondering is it just a case of swapping this assembly out and starting the machine, or does the touch screen need re-calibrating? Sorry I haven't a clue, I've replaced one on a smart phone before and it just worked. Just wondered if this was the same. Thanks again for any help.

Aug 12, 2020
Thanks for taking the time to reply Imaori, it's much appreciated. I ordered the full assembly before you replied. I'm just awaiting delivery which is going to take a while.

I was wondering is it just a case of swapping this assembly out and starting the machine, or does the touch screen need re-calibrating? Sorry I haven't a clue, I've replaced one on a smart phone before and it just worked. Just wondered if this was the same. Thanks again for any help.
To be honest I don't really know, but I assume that it will work properly right after installation.
if not, you can easily re-calibrate it via windows settings (look for "calibrate the touch screen for pen or touch input")

Good luck!

devtinagub1

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2017
check out YouTube for the closest match to your make model you might find some help there we've had much help following videos,
search for something like
"replace (laptop make/model) lcd touchscreen"