Question Broken system

Aug 6, 2021
Recently my pc has being displaying no image but when I turn it on the monitor recognises it and will turn on also but it will say no image source found , anyways this all happened when I plugged my pc to put it somewhere else’s day later I unplugged it while it was running google chrome , but earlier it was showing signs of corrupted white which apparently are signs of the gpu dying( this was a whole day of it working perfectly) , i took it to my bedroom and plugged it back in , I turned it on all the fans started aprt from the gpu but it will get warm if I leave it on ,I tried turning it off and the power button wouldn’t trunk it off no matter how long I pressed it so I had to use the psu switch , I have took out the battery for the motherboard and cpu and putting it back in nothing changed I used a spare gpu I have on hand and it still wouldn’t display , i put the cou in and out also nothing , yet to try the ram but I don’t suspect Andy bring wrong with it , any thoughts or suggestions ? Just tried ram still not displaying and gpu not working , keyboard and mouse don’t light up so maybe mob isssue but it might be because it’s not booting ?
Cpu: ryzen 3100
Gpu: rx 580 8gb
Ram:16gb ram Klevv rgb
Psu:600 W evega 80 plus certified (bought less than a yesr a go)
Mob:b550m aorus elite
Windows 10

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

We're going to need a little more information from your end. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. You should also check and see what your BIOS version for the motherboard is.

While you were removing and reseating parts, was the system disconnected from the wall and monitor?

Aug 6, 2021
No I originally thought it was so I was about to order a new one yet I tried a nother one and still got no display image , also the pc won’t turn of via the power button

Lutfij

Titan
At this point, I'd ask you to breadboard the system and work with bare minimum parts, i.e, one stick of ram, boot drive only, discrete GPU and the motherboard, atop of your motherboard box. See if you can get life back into the system. While here, can you polish some of the lines in your initial post? Who's Andy and what does he have to do with the issue? A onceover of the initial post for any discrepancy's with info and sentences would help us in your troubleshoot path.

Got a friend or neighbor who has a reliably built 650W PSU you could borrow off of to help power your system? You could also take your GPU to their system to see if it works on their system, to rule out a faulty/failing GPU.

Aug 6, 2021
At this point, I'd ask you to breadboard the system and work with bare minimum parts, i.e, one stick of ram, boot drive only, discrete GPU and the motherboard, atop of your motherboard box. See if you can get life back into the system. While here, can you polish some of the lines in your initial post? Who's Andy and what does he have to do with the issue? A onceover of the initial post for any discrepancy's with info and sentences would help us in your troubleshoot path.

Got a friend or neighbor who has a reliably built 650W PSU you could borrow off of to help power your system? You could also take your GPU to their system to see if it works on their system, to rule out a faulty/failing GPU.

To clear up the" Andy", that wasn't meant to mean anything.

A little update, I’ve reseated the RAM in different slots and tried both of them one a time in different slots , it’s rgb and it lights up if that helps?
Also I’m not sure wether the gpu is dead or if the fans just aren’t turning for some reason
I reseated the cpu also nothing changed I’m getting it checked out by a professional in the week to come , but I’ll try ana save him the time if I can. I will take the system out of the case and try and get it working on the mob? Any YouTube videos to help on this method?