Feb 28, 2021
Hi there!
So I have a 16gb USB that I tried to use today, but it just doesn't work anymore. It doesn't show that it has any memory anymore.
The message that I get when trying to open it is: "Please insert disc into USB drive (F: )"

So I tried to fix it in Diskpart, but it doesn't work.
In Disk Manager it says that it doesn't have any Media and within properties it states that it doesn't have a volume.

For extra information, when I use "Sel disk > detail disk " I get the information:

Disk ID: 00000000
Type: USB
Path: 0
Target: 0
LUN ID: 0
Location Path: Unavailable
Current Read-Only State: Nolist
Read-Only: No
Boot Disk: No
Pagefile Disk: No
Hibernation File Disk: No
Crashdump Disk: No
Clustered Disk: No

There are no volumes.

List volume gives:

Volume 5 Ltr=F Label=nothing Fs=Nothing Type=Removable Size=0 B Status=No Media Info=Nothing

List disk gives:

Disk 3 Status=No Media Size=0B Free=0B Dyn=nothing Gpt=Nothing

List partition (with disk 3 selected) gives:

There are no partitions on this disk to show.
Trying to create partitions also didn't work.

Hopefully someone can help me with this problem! Don't really mind if the files go lost, just want back a working USB! If you need any more information please let me know!
<3

Ralston18

Titan
This:

"The message that I get when trying to open it is: "Please insert disc into USB drive (F: )" That would be for an optical disk drive.

Do you have an optical drive?

Make and model USB drive?

How old?

Plug the USB drive in and then launch Disk Management.

Capture the full window and post via imgur.

This:

"The message that I get when trying to open it is: "Please insert disc into USB drive (F: )" That would be for an optical disk drive.

Do you have an optical drive?

Make and model USB drive?

How old?

Plug the USB drive in and then launch Disk Management.

Capture the full window and post via imgur.
No, same message appears if any drive is not initialized/formatted or format is not recognized. On the other hand, unable to red/write/initialize is one of first and most common symptoms of dead USB flash drives.

Feb 28, 2021
No, same message appears if any drive is not initialized/formatted or format is not recognized. On the other hand, unable to red/write/initialize is one of first and most common symptoms of dead USB flash drives.
View: https://imgur.com/a/f0xIECn
Here is a screen of my disk management.

Wouldn't know why it would be dead, since I literally only used it like 2 times before and kept it safe within a box.