Question Brother 2340DW vs 2350DW - Hardware vs Design ;)

Regev

Reputable
Jul 3, 2020
Hi,

I'm gonna buy either of these two printers, which cost the same where I live.

I'd prefer the design of the 2340DW (all black, as opposed to black-gray of the newer 2350DW). They have the exact same specs, only that the newer 2350DW has 64MB memory (as opposed to 32MB) and a 600mhz CPU (as opposed to 266mhz).

How much of a difference will the added RAM and CPU make in real-world application ?

I am printing about 100-150 black and white documents a month.

Thanks!

USAFRet

Titan
Thanks! Good to hear.
So if there will ever be a slight difference, where would you notice it? Just slower time-to-print for the first page, or what?

Thanks again.
Right.
If you were doing a LOT of printing, the faster CPU and more RAM would be a little faster.

Then again, if you were doing a LOT of printing, you wouldn't be looking at entry level printers...;)

Reactions: Regev

Regev

Reputable
Jul 3, 2020
Right.
If you were doing a LOT of printing, the faster CPU and more RAM would be a little faster.

Oh, because the printer saves the entire document to its memory before it ever prints? I just checked some of my recently printed PDF. Largest one of them was about 8mb. Smallest a few hundred KBs.

What about the CPU tho? 600hz does things faster than 266hz.

USAFRet

Titan
Oh, because the printer saves the entire document to its memory before it ever prints? I just checked some of my recently printed PDF. Largest one of them was about 8mb. Smallest a few hundred KBs.

What about the CPU tho? 600hz does things faster than 266hz.
No, it doesn't save the whole thing first.
The print spooler in your OS sends it to the printer as it sees fit.
Faster CPU and more RAM means it can get started a little faster, and handle handle the next batch of data a little faster.

Again, in this context, it makes little if any difference.

Reactions: Regev