[SOLVED] Brother only lags when playing with me

Mar 5, 2020
Hi! So me and my brother like to play valorant alot but when he play with me he gts over 300 ping and sometimes its unplayable for him meanwhile im getting 15 ping ( i am on ethernet and he is using WiFi) But when he plays the same game but im not in it he gets 30 ping average. i was wondering if it has something to do with me playing in the same lobby as him and my router is "prioritizing" my computer. I should mention we have gigabit internet so overall slow internet should not be the problem Thank you in advance and sorry if its a dumb question

Solution
I dont think a network switch would help because he is connected using WIFI because he is to far from the router. Is there any other way to make my router not prioritize myself?
As for him being to far from the router, thats what a networking switch is for run a ethernet cord to a specific room in the house that could use extra enternet and actually setup a second router as a signal boost and there are extra ethernet ports available in that area of the house plus stronger wifi on that part of the house
Hi! So me and my brother like to play valorant alot but when he play with me he gts over 300 ping and sometimes its unplayable for him meanwhile im getting 15 ping ( i am on ethernet and he is using WiFi) But when he plays the same game but im not in it he gets 30 ping average. i was wondering if it has something to do with me playing in the same lobby as him and my router is "prioritizing" my computer. I should mention we have gigabit internet so overall slow internet should not be the problem Thank you in advance and sorry if its a dumb question
You guys are using the same router yes?? It's prioritizing you over your brother. You can try getting a networking switch.

Mar 5, 2020
You guys are using the same router yes?? It's prioritizing you over your brother. You can try getting a networking switch.
I dont think a network switch would help because he is connected using WIFI because he is to far from the router. Is there any other way to make my router not prioritize myself?

As for him being to far from the router, thats what a networking switch is for run a ethernet cord to a specific room in the house that could use extra enternet and actually setup a second router as a signal boost and there are extra ethernet ports available in that area of the house plus stronger wifi on that part of the house

Solution

TRENDING THREADS