[SOLVED] Brother printer not recognizing toner

Status
Not open for further replies.

qec

Jul 10, 2020
I am attempting to install some new toner in my Brother HL-L3210CW printer, and it keeps giving me a "No toner" error. Besides all the really obvious things (turning the printer off and back on, taking the toner out and putting it back in, cleaning the corona wire), I've also tried entering the toner reset menu using the machine's control panel, but when I get to a cartridge and attempt to press the up arrow to choose "reset," nothing happens (that button is working fine when I try it for other functions so it does not appear to be a problem with the button itself).

Solution
Yes, all the colors are going in the correct places. They are third party. I've already done the shaking the cartridge thing many times. Putting the old ones back in is not going to be helpful because I'm not replacing the toner because the old cartridges were out but in an attempt to fix print quality issues.

Ah, then it's not likely the new toner will help unless you narrowed it down to a toner issue, or your old toner was also a copy not a Brother one. In quite a few cases replacement toner and cartridges are not as good quality as the OEM stuff. Those are the risks to take when going to the clone toner vendors, low cost vs higher chance of issues and not as good quality control.

I have a brother color all in one, older...
Not really much to do with this, could simply be a bad toner cartridge or sensor, is it an original Brother one or a 3d party one? Since it's a color one it should have separate cartridges, is the right color going in the right place? Most should be keyed so you can't fit the wrong color in but I don't know that exact model internals. If the old toner cartridge still has a bit left in it, try shaking it a bit and install it again see if it sees toner just on low.

qec

Jul 10, 2020
Not really much to do with this, could simply be a bad toner cartridge or sensor, is it an original Brother one or a 3d party one? Since it's a color one it should have separate cartridges, is the right color going in the right place? Most should be keyed so you can't fit the wrong color in but I don't know that exact model internals. If the old toner cartridge still has a bit left in it, try shaking it a bit and install it again see if it sees toner just on low.
Yes, all the colors are going in the correct places. They are third party. I've already done the shaking the cartridge thing many times. Putting the old ones back in is not going to be helpful because I'm not replacing the toner because the old cartridges were out but in an attempt to fix print quality issues.

Ah, then it's not likely the new toner will help unless you narrowed it down to a toner issue, or your old toner was also a copy not a Brother one. In quite a few cases replacement toner and cartridges are not as good quality as the OEM stuff. Those are the risks to take when going to the clone toner vendors, low cost vs higher chance of issues and not as good quality control.

I have a brother color all in one, older than yours I think, and toner from etonersupply form ebay worked for me pretty well, I replaced the toner twice with their stuff and it worked OK, although one toner had a bit of a leakage issue for a few days and I had to reseat it several times and clean it out but that was one of 6 cartridges. https://www.ebay.com/usr/etonersupply?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2754

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.