Im on day 7 and i love it. there have been times when my ai have made
stupid mistakes but they do react nicely most of the time. its a bit
short and easy but still good fun.

id say its more like call of duty but with 2 teams to control. i didnt
like MOH much but i think BIA is good.

Communique wrote:
> Give us a run-down on it. Is it like Medal of Honor?

> Anyone playing with it?

Only a mission into it. It's so-so up to now but will see how it goes.

"Richard" <deadeyedic30@deadeyedic30.plus.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
> Only just arrived. Got to install it.

coming in the back of a donkey, i suppose:))

Give us a run-down on it. Is it like Medal of Honor?

What makes the title worth buying or a must-have? Anything?

--Uzi

"[RM]Wolfy" <thenomeaningnofx@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> id say its more like call of duty but with 2 teams to control. i didnt
> like MOH much but i think BIA is good.
>
> Communique wrote:
>> Give us a run-down on it. Is it like Medal of Honor?

> What makes the title worth buying or a must-have? Anything?

For me, I like more realistic play. I don't like "mouse-maze" shooters that
much--the kind with "you run over this spinning red cross and you get more
health". Games like MOH and SOF are like that. I'll play 'em if the mood
strikes me, but I don't consider that type must-haves (ironically, I
loved--read: LOVED--Riddick and Jedi Knight, and those are "mouse-maze"
shooters).

Must-have's for me are games like OFP and Rainbow Six.

I like a good strategy game too. Loved Homeworld 2. Just got this new one
called Nexus--it looks like it's going to be fantastic. Also picked up Act
of War, but I'm not so sure about that one--seems to be a standard RTS game,
albeit done very well (don't like those buildings that poor out men
endlessly--your spawning point for the troops you manage with your
resources). Although Homeworld 2 is like this, I reasoned it out as the
result of nano-tech. I can't "buy" that type of thing in a modern day
setting as in Act of War (or even those old C&C type Dune games).

Ground Control (both I & II) about got the RTS thing right.

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 10:10:52 -0600, "Communique"
<Communique@NOSPAMev1.net> wrote:

>Give us a run-down on it. Is it like Medal of Honor?

I didn't think I was going to like it at first, but after a bit of
play, it sort of grew on me. It is a little different from MoH. It's
no OFP, however.

The graphics detail is good on character and environment. the action
is very intense at times. Voice acting is good and the NPC's lines
have an authentic feel. (There's a pretty funny argument between three
guys in the squad about Superman vs Batman.) The enemy AI "reacts" to
what you are doing. I don't speak German but it sounds like they are
yelling warnings to each other about your movements at times.

The games missions are very linear, however. The weapons aiming is
horrible. Recoil is waaay more than actual. (BTW, WHEN are game
designers going to drop the "weapon sway" thing? A 10 year old can
hold a rifle still enough to hit a man sized target a 30 yards,
especially kneeling behind cover) This game was clearly intended for
consoles, IMHO. No in game saves other than checkpoints. (Again,
designers, give us the option)

I think the intention is for you to lead rather than to participate
as much as one does in other shooters, `cause you don't get enough
ammo to do much shooting. I've been through 8 or so missions and on
every one have had to pick up German weapons to finish a mission.

I'd give it an 80 out of 100, probably. As I said, in spite of it's
flaws, I have enjoyed playing it.

But if your looking for realism, this ain't it.

Villain
Villain

Paranoia is just another word for longevity.

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 09:52:34 GMT, "jeson" <nospam@iol.it> wrote:

>"Richard" <deadeyedic30@deadeyedic30.plus.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
>> Only just arrived. Got to install it.
>

>coming in the back of a donkey, i suppose:))

Wondering the same. UBI told me a snowstrom in Indianapolis has held
up delivery.