Browser freezes system? (not fully)

atmosfearz567

Prominent
Jan 4, 2018
Hello. I got the problem is that sometimes my system freezes (even system time is showing last time) seems like browser cause this problem (I tried everything, default settings, no hardware acceleration etc). The only way to fix it is to kill the browser process. After it seems I get my GPU driver reset (black screen for a second, then everything works ok). The easiest way to get this problem is to set browser on background while playing games. The game actually works pretty fine, I can detect it when I only close the game or look at my overlay (RivaTunerStatisticsServer freezes - showing the same numbers). I tried to backup my gtx1080 drivers (now 391.35), but It didn't solve the problem. My system specs: 2600x 4.1GHz, X470 Gaming Pro Bios 7B79v13, DDR4 3266CL14, GTX1080 1860GHz@0.85V. My system passes all stress tests, I don't think GPU undervolting can cause this issue. I hardly believe It's Chrome issue somehow. Any other suggestions? Thank You.

stdragon

Admirable
Try the Brave browser, it's based on Chromium but without all the Google stuff. Also try Firefox.

If you've isolated the issue to just Google Chrome, then I suggest you perform an uninstall of the application including the deletion of the history and program files. Then, reinstalled Chrome.

Note: Be sure to manually backup any Chrome bookmarks if you're not already logging into a Google account to sync them.

atmosfearz567

Prominent
Jan 4, 2018

Running Firefox right now and everything seems to be ok.
But we need to find a cause. Actually You know that this two Chromium based browsers are running background processes even when browser is closed (probably with opened tabs or smth else). This one causes freezes (too or only this one?). I have to kill it before I play game for example.

atmosfearz567

Prominent
Jan 4, 2018

Ok, I got crash in Firefox and it didn't freeze the system: only browser crash message, but It made the game in background close (this time no black screen). Seems It's hardware or driver issue (most likely not GPU). I will try to set my RAM to default first because It's overclocked with really low secondary timings for Ryzen performance (anyway I tested it for hours in Aida64 and prime95).

atmosfearz567

Prominent
Jan 4, 2018

I do that every time, but I will try again (maybe I forgot to do that last time I downgraded the driver). The problem isn't in RAM too, even passed memtest86 to be sure. If It won't work I will reinstall Windows (currently version is installed one week ago, maybe the problem is somewhere here).