Browser Problem?

Hi,
I have a problem, I don't believe it is very difficult to solve. I began
to have problems opening windows while surfing online and I troubleshooted
and I realized that my mshtml.dll file was either corrupted or damaged. So
with my WIN98SE copy I extracted the mshtml file. It worked, but it somehow
reset my connection to Google, Yahoo and when I try to search my browser does
not work. I have tried reissuing the mshtml.dll file through START, RUN.
Nothing. So I downloaded Mozilla/Firefox browser and i am able to utilize the
net. How to I fix my original issue

Thanks, Romero

"Romero; romrbb@aol.com" <Romeroromrbbaolcom@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message news:34029900-BB9E-4430-BE53-F01C30B7F929@microsoft.com...

> I have a problem, I don't believe it is very difficult to solve. I began
> to have problems opening windows while surfing online and I troubleshooted
> and I realized that my mshtml.dll file was either corrupted or damaged. So
> with my WIN98SE copy I extracted the mshtml file. It worked, but it
somehow
> reset my connection to Google, Yahoo and when I try to search my browser
does
> not work. I have tried reissuing the mshtml.dll file through START, RUN.
> Nothing. So I downloaded Mozilla/Firefox browser and i am able to utilize
the
> net. How to I fix my original issue

Firefox's running OK suggeste you
probably need either to repair or reinstal IE.
Perhaps two DLLs became corrupted and
Win98 reports only the first.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

Reinstall Internet Explorer.

"Romero; romrbb@aol.com" <Romeroromrbbaolcom@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message news:34029900-BB9E-4430-BE53-F01C30B7F929@microsoft.com...
> Hi,
> I have a problem, I don't believe it is very difficult to solve. I began
> to have problems opening windows while surfing online and I troubleshooted
> and I realized that my mshtml.dll file was either corrupted or damaged. So
> with my WIN98SE copy I extracted the mshtml file. It worked, but it
> somehow
> reset my connection to Google, Yahoo and when I try to search my browser
> does
> not work. I have tried reissuing the mshtml.dll file through START, RUN.
> Nothing. So I downloaded Mozilla/Firefox browser and i am able to utilize
> the
> net. How to I fix my original issue
>
> Thanks, Romero

I tried to reinstall IE, still did not work. Sorry, it wasn't my intention to
post any messages for private respond :)

Click "Start", "Run", type "msinfo32" and click "OK". When the utility starts,
click "Tools", then "Internet Explorer Repair tool". Then select "Repair
Internet Explorer" and click "OK".

Ben

"Romero; romrbb@aol.com" <Romeroromrbbaolcom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:34029900-BB9E-4430-BE53-F01C30B7F929@microsoft.com...
> Hi,
> I have a problem, I don't believe it is very difficult to solve. I began
> to have problems opening windows while surfing online and I troubleshooted
> and I realized that my mshtml.dll file was either corrupted or damaged. So
> with my WIN98SE copy I extracted the mshtml file. It worked, but it somehow
> reset my connection to Google, Yahoo and when I try to search my browser does
> not work. I have tried reissuing the mshtml.dll file through START, RUN.
> Nothing. So I downloaded Mozilla/Firefox browser and i am able to utilize the
> net. How to I fix my original issue
>
> Thanks, Romero

Hi,
When I try to Run msinfo32 I get the following message C:\Program
Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\MSINFO\MSINFO32.EXE A device attached to
the system in not functioning.

"Ben Myers" wrote:

> Click "Start", "Run", type "msinfo32" and click "OK". When the utility starts,
> click "Tools", then "Internet Explorer Repair tool". Then select "Repair
> Internet Explorer" and click "OK".
>
> Ben
>
> "Romero; romrbb@aol.com" <Romeroromrbbaolcom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:34029900-BB9E-4430-BE53-F01C30B7F929@microsoft.com...
> > Hi,
> > I have a problem, I don't believe it is very difficult to solve. I began
> > to have problems opening windows while surfing online and I troubleshooted
> > and I realized that my mshtml.dll file was either corrupted or damaged. So
> > with my WIN98SE copy I extracted the mshtml file. It worked, but it somehow
> > reset my connection to Google, Yahoo and when I try to search my browser does
> > not work. I have tried reissuing the mshtml.dll file through START, RUN.
> > Nothing. So I downloaded Mozilla/Firefox browser and i am able to utilize the
> > net. How to I fix my original issue
> >
> > Thanks, Romero

Copy and paste one of the following into the "Run" box. Note
that one is for Internet Explorer 5 and 5.5 and the other is for
Internet Explorer 6.

RUNDLL32 SETUPWBV.DLL,IE5Maintenance

RUNDLL32 SETUPWBV.DLL,IE6Maintenance

Ben