Browsers I didn't open showing when I opened laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjhiatt4

Prominent
Jan 9, 2018
Hi crew,

This morning I opened my laptop to two Chrome tabs I didn't open. And not just a "new" tab. One was a webpage to PODS Storage, and the other was looking at the "Foreigner" movie on Redbox. Two very specific pages on two different websites. This happened at 6:30 this morning (I accessed the history and saw the tabs had been created at 6:30 this morning). I came downstairs and opened my laptop at 7:30 am. My husband was awake at 6:30 and there wasn't anyone else here using my laptop.

Of course I got suspicious of remote access, and ran an event log. Nothing shows at 6:30. The only suspicious entry was at 3:45 a.m., but at a closer look, that was when my computer was running updates and backup (which I had set it to do).

I ran Malwarebytes looking for spyware but nothing was detected. Is there something else I should do? This is freaking me out!

view

Solution
run full virus scan and in you router on the wi-fi permit list put only your decice mac address also check for unwanted extension in browser and delete the also clean all history from search in those .

mjhiatt4

Prominent
Jan 9, 2018

Thank you! I didn't notice anything unusual in the mac addresses connected to the network. Ran virus scan, malwarebytes, etc., nothing came up. It's so strange that that happened!

Status
Not open for further replies.