[SOLVED] BSOD’s Critical Process Died?!?!?! Please help

MilkWookie

Reputable
Jul 12, 2016
So I recently got the blue screen of death 2 days ago and I’ve tried all the ways to troubleshoot and resolve the problem but they don’t work, ive tried removing the latest windows updates but it says, “there was a problem doing that”
I don’t have any backups and I can’t even access safe mode as it says that there is a problem and they can’t do that, and I tried my last resort which was just fully resetting my pc to a clean slate and it says, there was a problem doing that, and I’m kind of freaking out because I need to do school work which is due soon and I want to be able to play games and edit videos again and I’ve tried so many things.

I’ve always tried the DISM scans in the command prompt and they don’t work, my mother has an extra computer and I could download something on there with a USB drive if needed I’m just so stressed over this. I’ve also tried putting a USB stick with windows 10 on it but then it always says there was a problem with restarting your computer, then it goes into automatic repair and it always fails

mod edit - spacing

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
’ve also tried putting a USB stick with windows 10 on it but then it always says there was a problem with restarting your computer, then it goes into automatic repair and it always fails

what are specs of PC? do you know what motherboard it is? need to set it up to boot off the USB and bypass that warning

If we can get past the restart message, we can run a clean install and see if that fixes the error. Its possible the reset failed because the image it uses to remake windows was borked.

follow this guide: https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq/how-to-do-a-clean-installation-of-windows-10.3170366/

Some critical process died errors can also be caused by the hdd itself. Its hard to tell as there are a list of files that...

Colif

Win 11 Master
’ve also tried putting a USB stick with windows 10 on it but then it always says there was a problem with restarting your computer, then it goes into automatic repair and it always fails

what are specs of PC? do you know what motherboard it is? need to set it up to boot off the USB and bypass that warning

If we can get past the restart message, we can run a clean install and see if that fixes the error. Its possible the reset failed because the image it uses to remake windows was borked.

follow this guide: https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq/how-to-do-a-clean-installation-of-windows-10.3170366/

Some critical process died errors can also be caused by the hdd itself. Its hard to tell as there are a list of files that can cause this BSOD and without a name its hard to guess.

Solution