Question BSOD’s pinpointing driver issues?

bigmacsa

Prominent
Dec 5, 2017
First off I’m sorry if this is in the wrong place, I’m terrible at forums and I know people get angry but I’m trying to learn.

I’m getting BSODs while gaming and as far as I know it’s due to bad drivers but I can’t figure out how to pinpoint the problem because I only get generic and vague error codes with no drivers being listed.

A little history.. I used to get BSODs (I’m pretty sure they are the same ones) when I used to play ARK but not really any other game. but I had fixed them by turning off write cashing. However a windows update broke my computer and long story short I had to do a fresh install. Now the problem has returned however when I went to turn write cashing off it was already off. (Which seemed weird since it was a fresh install and I assume it would be enabled by default). I haven’t really played ARK since the fresh install but I have been playing a new game called Apex Lengends which is probably about the same as far as hardware demand.

Anyway so I searched google and figured out how to run driver verifier to check for bad drivers and I have run it multiple times selecting different sets of drivers and I pretty much always get the same driver_verifier_detected_violation without any drivers listed. The only time a driver was listed was when I selected Nvidia drivers and tried to restart my computer it BSOD’d before it actually restarted to even begin the verifier process so I kind of ignored that because I still got the violation error when I didn’t select that driver anyway.

So how the heck do I pinpoint the issue without getting any specific info??? This is really annoying me.

The errors I get while gaming are:
irql_not_less_or_equal
memory_management

I also got these 2 errors once and only once so far:
kernel_security_check_failure
Interrupt_exception_not_handled

After getting these BSOD’s I ran sfc/scannow which found and fixed corrupted files but idk for sure if it had to do with these BSOD’s or not but I haven’t gotten them again yet.

Oh and I have already run windows updates and intel driver assist and and gigabyte’s app for updating mobo drivers and updated Nvidia drivers through geforce experience.

Please help me anybodyyy! lol and thanks in advance

Colif

Win 11 Master
Can you follow option one on the following link - here

and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD

that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

copy that file to documents

upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site, and share the link here and I will get someone to convert file into a format I can read