BSOD 0124 Can't figure it out

rootxbeer

Honorable
Jan 5, 2014
In the event viewer it states it is the processor core crashing, but here are my dump logs for you guys to check. I get them at complete random.

one
two
three

Thanks in advance

Solution
Update the BIOS in the BIOS. It can mean its overclocked buggy, overheating or faulty

Uninstall AI charger.

This file is old AsInsHelp64.sys from 2008 . Uninstall AI Booster. Old drivers can crash windows

Uninstall ASUS RamDisk Driver.

Uninstall ASUS Smartdoctor / PC probe / AI suite. Or whatever program youre using for overclocking

Uninstall Kaspersky this can cause this stop error. Then use their removal tool

So far what I'm seeing are reports of hardware errors. What are your system specs? Ie, what cpu, motherboard, ram, psu, graphics card etc.

First place I would start is running a couple of stress tests.
Memtest86 here: http://www.memtest86.com/
and Prime95 (for the cpu) here: http://download.cnet.com/Prime95-64-bit/3000-2053_4-75869492.html

Also the furmark stress test for video cards: http://www.ozone3d.net/benchmarks/fur/

Running these will push the components and should reveal any glitches/issues in them if there are any. If not, they should pass just fine. The tests typically run anywhere from 30min to a couple of hours. If you're using any type of overclock, try disabling it and setting back to stock if you're not running stock already on both cpu and gpu.

rootxbeer

Honorable
Jan 5, 2014
I never ran furmark but I ran memtest and prime95 when I first got this computer without a problem. I have been getting these since the day I have built this pc. No over clocking what so ever. I will try them again though. As far as specs.

Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler
Asus Maximus VI Extreme ATX LGA1150
Crucial Ballistix Tactical 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Disk
Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Gigabyte Radeon R9 290 4GB Video Card x2
Antec 1300W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

Update the BIOS in the BIOS. It can mean its overclocked buggy, overheating or faulty

Uninstall AI charger.

This file is old AsInsHelp64.sys from 2008 . Uninstall AI Booster. Old drivers can crash windows

Uninstall ASUS RamDisk Driver.

Uninstall ASUS Smartdoctor / PC probe / AI suite. Or whatever program youre using for overclocking

Uninstall Kaspersky this can cause this stop error. Then use their removal tool

Solution

rootxbeer

Honorable
Jan 5, 2014
I will look for a bios update. I will remove all the Asus and ai stuff, I'd like to point out though that stops happened before without having those programs. As well as kaspersky, I just installed that days ago with my fresh os install.

rootxbeer

Honorable
Jan 5, 2014
Also would like to point out. These stops happen at absolute ransom, on start up. Starting up a game. During a game. Watching YouTube. Scrolling Facebook. I have ran my system to its limits in games at peak temperatures and nothing has happened during that. That's why I'm so stumped. I've had them happen when CPU and gpu both under 50c.and times above.

rootxbeer

Honorable
Jan 5, 2014

I am not going to lie, I have used third part AV's for my entire life, and never had BSOD's ever until I built this PC. I really do not think they are the cause of this. I would get BSOD's from the time I built this computer. And the first 6 months of having it all I have was windows firewall and that is it. I am working on the BIOS update right now.

rootxbeer

Honorable
Jan 5, 2014

I dont blame you lol, I just did the bios update, and while reading what the update does. I think that might have been the problem. Through the event viewer it was always saying the crash was in the processore cores, and the update talked about being better with 4th gen intel chips, which is what I have. So hopefully I fixed it and in a few days when no more occur I can set this to solved.

Edit: Already I can see things are functioning differently. Facebook and website overlays aren't laggy like the used to be. Man, I thought I was up to date :/

x124's only vaguely point at hardware issues. Another person had a similar issue and replaced every component on their pc (literally built 2 pc's to get one working system) swapping out one piece of hardware at a time until it was found they did in fact have a buggy cpu causing the issue. Paul is right though, bios controls the cpu. All the stop error knows is that it was a hardware fault and if it was the cpu causing it the stop error can't tell if it's due to physical or software (bios related) issues. Giving the cpu poor instructions will cause it to work poorly and in turn foul up and cause the same x124 bsod.

Sometimes tracking bsod's are like a needle in a haystack because they're so vague - like a check engine light in a car (with 300+ variables as to what made that one light pop on). Hopefully the bios update does it for you and it's a simple fix rather than a drawn out week after week procedure of testing and swapping out hardware.

TRENDING THREADS