BSOD 116 ERROR CODE WITH HIS 7850

docxxx

Honorable
Sep 19, 2012
please first follow my previous thread..

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/372341-33-hd7850-having-strange-kind-display-problem

recently i got this BSOD crash report(first time since i bought my card i got this report ,on previous exposure no display on monitor just cpu running without display and i have to restart my pc manually)

signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 116
BCP1: FFFFFA8005E344E0
BCP2: FFFFF88004318768
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000002
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\100312-13369-01.dmp
C:\Windows\Temp\WER-22464-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

What it suggest ..is it problem with my gpu????
please please need help so i can tell RMA guys and they replace my gpu

lots of thanx in advance.....

JJ1217

Honorable
Sure its your card? Never heard of a GPU causing a Blue Screen, typically its memory issues.

How often does this issue occur? If its the first time its occured, I wouldn't worry about it, parts occasionally hiccup every once in awhile.

mafisometal

Honorable
Jul 2, 2012
The 5770 and the 7850 use completely different architectures. Have you completely deleted the 5770 drivers and reinstalled the 7850 drivers?
catalyst drivers aren't completely universal and if you have deleted them its possible that it can be corrupt drivers, you might want to reinstall them.

If that still persists, i would say check your cables to see if maybe you have a bent pin.

Is your OS giving you any problems since you got the new card outside of the video problems?

mafisometal

Honorable
Jul 2, 2012

Video cards can cause BSOD. I've had that happen when i overclocked mine. In my case i have an AMD chip with video card and there are special strings that share the VRAM with DRAM for some performance boost.

docxxx

Honorable
Sep 19, 2012

docxxx

Honorable
Sep 19, 2012

No other problem apart from the problem i have mentioned in my this thread

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/372341-33-hd7850-having-strange-kind-display-problem

I have tried everything possible..DONE uninstall and reinstall of AMD drive several time with use of driver sweeper..no luck
Tried CLEAN OS install 2 times ..then also no luck..my problem is still there
so do you think its my GPU which is faulty?????

JJ1217

Honorable
I would also try and actually boot in with out your GPU installed, see if an issue with the motherboard might of been caused when you installed your new one. Just use your CPU for display, and tell us what happens :D

docxxx

Honorable
Sep 19, 2012

yup its not standard BSOD..read my previous thread i explained there what happened and i got this crash report only twice...on every other occasion it shows vertical solid color lines..then no display at all then i have to restart pc and then it boot up well

docxxx

Honorable
Sep 19, 2012

I am using my pc at present with out GPU installed.. :) Had returend my card again for RMA(with proof of video showing my problem) as on first attempt they sent me same card back telling me that its working fine on there test
it runs absolutely fine ( without gpu) no problem at all

JJ1217

Honorable
if its not blue its not a BSOD haha, its just called a screen of death. any chance of motherboard issue? I recommend trying your GPU in ANOTHER system if you have one, and if you don't call up a friend and try it there. Could be another issue that we are not seeing :)

Also, there is a chance that your card is unstable out of the box, especially if you are having overclocking related screens of death.

docxxx

Honorable
Sep 19, 2012

have you read my thread which i linked with this new one???this problem only happens when i boot my pc after being shutdown for 2 to 3 hour...it shows display artifact..then (on two occasion it did end up with BSOD giving the above crash report) no display..i restart my pc and everything work fine..no problem in gaming also...
now what do you think what is causing the problem????
edit:i did try in another pc same problem there also

JJ1217

Honorable
Nah LOL I haven't read it, tldr, haha.

Anyways, looking at what you have said, I can only now assume its the card. I've tried researching the issue, so thats the best I could do. I'm not a professional, I am jut helping out of previous experience and others tips and advice.

Did you RMA it with HIS or the shop you bought it at. I'm assuming its the shop, so if they deny again, all you can do it either go to some fair trade something in your country, or RMA it through HIS.

mafisometal

Honorable
Jul 2, 2012

I have a feeling that it may be your motherboard or possibly the RAM conflicting with something. Are you overclocking at all? If not, sometimes it does happen but parts can conflict simply because they may have certain strings shared across the VC, CPU, and RAM. For example, i've got 2 x MSI R6950 on an ASUS 990FX Sabertooth motherboard and i have problems reading out information from my second card because my second slot doesn't have the proper sensors to read out everything. I'm just saying that to give an idea of a possible issue. Maybe the card doesn't speak to the motherboard in the way it wants to told its sequencing. It may just be during it's boot sequence that the board and the video card need a specific parameter and the video card may be giving only a portion of it.

docxxx

Honorable
Sep 19, 2012

RMA with HIS..At their service centre in my country
their guy called me telling me no problem in the card on their testing and sent me same card back...do you think my mobo can cause the problem???

docxxx

Honorable
Sep 19, 2012

no i am not overclocking .didn't even get a chance of doing it since this problem with display was from first day i got my hands on gpu ...how do i know if my ram is giving me problem or my mobo.??.my pc runs absolutely fine at present without gpu...

docxxx

Honorable
Sep 19, 2012

no luck..my mobo has only one pci e slot :(
edit: do you think this problem might be related with pcie frequency???
should i try to change it ??

docxxx

Honorable
Sep 19, 2012

my psu corsair tx 650 has two 6 pin connectors tried both..no luck :( :(
and that rma guys telling me card is fine..you see how frustrating it is

docxxx

Honorable
Sep 19, 2012
Just to update ..GOT refund for my HIS 7850,,GOT NEW SAPPHIRE ONE.......AND PROBLEM SOLVED...IT WORKS LIKE A CHARM..... :love: :love: :love: :love: AND IT IS RUNNING COOLER THEN HIS ICQ X 7850,,ALMOST 10 Degree cooler(while gaming) :eek: :eek: .....so I Think my GPU was the culprit....

anyways sooooo many thanx for your advice and support....