BSOD after BSOD T_T

syaoran7li

Honorable
Jun 15, 2012
Hey Guys,

well i am back again with another problem... This time i am getting BSODs T_T

it all started yesterday.. i was just editing a word document and all of a sudden it froze and gave me the BSOD... there was not much information on BSOD as to what caused the issue.. so i restated and went with editing again... and in a few minutes it gave me the BSOD again... and after that it kept on giving me BSODs at random interval... completely random sometimes in 5 min sometimes after 30 mins.... but i tried going to safe mode but didnt give me any problem while i was in safemode.. so then i thought maybe it time i format my pc which i actually wanted to do for a long time.. so today morning i started reformatting the pc.. i was on windows 7 so i thought i will try windows 10 and so i started installing it... installation went fine... and after a few mins of complete installation i got a BSOD saying something "WHEA uncorrectable error".. this time it was quicker.. i mean the interval of BSODs.. sometimes it gave BSOD at login screen and sometimes after logging in...

then i thought maybe compatibility issue so i went back to windows 7.. this time everything was fine.. there was no problem.. so i started installing drivers.. when i was installing IMEI driver it froze and gave a BSOD.. and after restart tried to install IMEI again didnt work it showed some error tat some drivers could not be installed or something... and after tat it kept on giving me BSODs one after the other.. so i went to safe mode.. and i got BSOD there too..

and now its in safe mode for more than 30 mins without BSOD.. i have no idea whats happening...

i checked the Temp it was fine, Ran Prime95 while i was on win10 for abt 30mins didnt show aany error, reset bios, etc

no matter what i did i get BSOD and sometimes i dont.. now i am afraid to move my mouse cuz sometimes when i move the pointer i get BSOD..

i somehow managed to get the minidmp files...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/dn7opq2dak8nf9o/Minidmp.rar

Hope you guys can help me...

Thanks ^_^

Current Spec: Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Extreme; Processor: Intel Core i7 3930k; PSU: Corsair AX1200; Cooler: Corsair H100; Ram: 2x 8Gb Gskill Ripjawsx; Cabinet: Cooler Master Cosmos II; HDD: 1x 1Tb Samsung, 1x 3Tb WD Caviar Green, 1x 1Tb WD Caviar Blue, 2Tb WD Caviar Green; SSD: 1x 250Gb Samsung 840 Series; Graphics Card: Asus Nvidia Geforce GTX 780, Asus Nvidia Geforce GTX 55Ti; Monitor: Asus PA248Q, 16 Inch Random Samsung Monitor(For Multipurpose) ; Mouse: Razer Naga; Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Dragon Age II Edition

Solution

well... thanks for...
101515-10826-01.dmp 10/15/2015 6:21:13 AM 0x00000124 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0ec88028 00000000`b2000000 00000000`00010019 hal.dll hal.dll+12903 x64 ntoskrnl.exe+71f00 C:\Users\MaikuTech\Documents\MiniDump\101515-10826-01.dmp 12 15 7600 350,296 10/15/2015 3:51:54 PM

This is the source of your problem, visit this site and run a memory test as they suggested.
http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/328551-sparse-bsod-0x00000124-hal-dll-12a3b-ntoskrnl-exe-75bc0-win7-64bit.html

Also visit here if that doesn't work out.
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/35069-63-bsod-bccode

syaoran7li

Honorable
Jun 15, 2012

Hey,

Thanks for the reply... im running memtest now.. its been 2 hours and passed one test so far...
i ran prime95 when i was on windows 10 for abt 30mins there was no errors..
and a day before the problem started i ran furmark for checking the gpu performance.. and there was no problem...

also im not sure abt long testing cuz the place wheree i live has really bad power outage issue so i dont know if i can run these tests for 9 hours straight

Thanks ^_^

syaoran7li

Honorable
Jun 15, 2012

well its now almost 3 passes... i will stop at 5 pass then...

by IMEI i meant Intel Management Engine Driver.... but its irrelevant.. cuz had the same problem even without any drivers...

Well I read your first post abit more closely, I hope its not what I think it is but it maybe a hdd problem.
http://www.reviversoft.com/blog/2013/09/a-guide-to-the-whea_uncorrectable_error-blue-screen-of-death/
For your main hard drive inside your computer go to the manufacturers website and download their diagnostic tool.
Let it test your hdd and see whtat results you get, also once you get the results from the memory test.
Let me know if it went fine, so we can exclude it from being the problem.

syaoran7li

Honorable
Jun 15, 2012

Hey,

well it had 5 passes like u said and so i stopped memtest...
by hdd should i check all my hard disks ?
or only my main ssd wwhere i keep my OS???

Thanks ^_^

Check the drive you have windows on, look at your model number on the drive and google it and get the diagnostic tool.
Windows check disk will do for general scanning but the manufacturer tools go abit more further than that.
http://www.thewindowsclub.com/disk-error-checking-windows-8

syaoran7li

Honorable
Jun 15, 2012

Hey,

well i cant find any diagonstic tools for samsung ssd.. there was one magician is tat the one? it looked like just a status monitor or something...

my ssd model is Samsung 840 Series

Thanks.. ^_^

Edit: i cant seem to find my model there either.. i think they removed it from their website since its old.. all i see are 850 series... oh well.. what do i do now?

Well you are right there is no diagnostic tool for it, however this will show the health for it.
Also chkdsk is safe to run on your ssd, only "defragmenting" it may cause a problem.
http://www.samsung.com/global/business/semiconductor/minisite/SSD/global/html/support/downloads.html

syaoran7li

Honorable
Jun 15, 2012

hmm ok..
i think i ran chkdsk a couple of times without any error... i will check again... and will try running tat magician software.. and will update this...

but will take sometime... its a monthly maintenance for electricity in my area so its literally a whole day power outage.. so will post back the results in the evening..

Thanks ^_^

you have windows 7 rtm build 7600.
you have to install windows 7 sp1 + updates. The new graphics drivers will not work correctly on build 7600.
you must install build 7601 (sp1)

also, bugcheck 0x124 is called by the CPU, Look to update the BIOS and check that the correct voltage is being applied to the CPU.
one update available:
http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/RAMPAGE_IV_EXTREME/HelpDesk_Download/

also be sure to apply the motherboard drivers:http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/RAMPAGE_IV_EXTREME/HelpDesk_Download/

syaoran7li

Honorable
Jun 15, 2012

Hey,

well ya.. it was running fine until now.. all these days ... and i didnt do windows update cuz im afraid it always messes something up... i learned that the hard way.. so i stopped updating for more than 3 years now.... and yet my pc ran fine.. i always update the graphics driver never had a issue... sp1 i think i can do tat..

i have the latest bios and i didnt change any values to the voltage or anything i didnt overclock anything.... and also ya i have all the latest drivers for the motherboard... its still the same even with the driver or without the driver..

syaoran7li

Honorable
Jun 15, 2012
Hey,

i got the SSD thing results here.. i couldnt attach images so had to upload on a different website..
o5vmnk.jpg

10nrfvd.jpg

n13wg4.jpg

105nrpe.jpg

it says my ssd is good.. this is super weird so wats causing the problem.. now im running furmark and its been 15 mins still didnt get bsod normally in a second i get bsods.. or maybe its when i move my mouse??? i dont know confusing..

Edit:

its been 3 hours now furmark has been running without any issue or BSODs... and just t clarify my doubts i was moving my mouse pointer in super speed just to see if it crashes when i move my mouse pointer... but it didnt.. so now its even more weirder.. what could be the cause...

now i kinda feel like i get BSOD when im doing nothing or just normal usage...like opening my computer and stuff... cuz all these times i got BSOD when logging in or during login screen or when moving mouse pointer in desktop or when opening any app or mycomputer.. but now i did the same.. furmark has been running and i did all the above.. nothing made it crash... could it be tat BSOD is caused by less usage?

To be honest I don't know, what you could as a last resort, get the windows 10 iso and do a clean install.
Shouldn't be any residue of windows 7 or windows 8 on it to pick up any pass errors it may have had.
When you clean install with 10, leave your main drive plugged in during the installation.
Once everything installs fine then you may put your secondary hdd/ssd back in place.
Last thing if it bsod, try keep in mind what you were doing at the time and check event viewer to match it with the time the error occured.

That should tell you what is happening right then and there.

syaoran7li

Honorable
Jun 15, 2012
I am posting as a separate reply... cuz i did so many things and i think i have rounded it off... well let me explain what i did...

last time tat is 1 day back i was running furmark.. it ran for 7 hours fine without any problem.. and when it was abt to reach 8hours it crashed and then it kept on crashing for a while like always... somi turned off the pc... removed all the connections...

connected 1 ssd, 1 graphics card, 1 ram stick, all peripherals were connected though.. started the installation of OS...
Note: Every time before installation i delete all partitions of the hdd an remake them just to clean it completely...

i tried windows 10 and it completes the installation and it restarts and then it loads for a few seconds and BSOD... so next try i switched ram sticks.. and still same result.. so then i thought ok i will clean my pc... soi took out every part except motherboard processor and cpu cooler.. cleaned everything.. and blew air using canned air on motherboard and cpu cooler...

then connected every single part but only with 1 stick of ram 1 graphics card and 1 ssd... disconnected every peripherals and went with the installation same as before.. switched ram and tried again.. this time i go blue screen during copying windows files... retried again and this time blue screen after restart..

so i gave up on windows 10 and went with windows 7... here same bsod during copying windows files.. and one time it installed and restarted and it was continuing installation and then BSOD...

then i remembered having the same problem the first time i built this pc... so i went to the threads and figured out tat i disabled all onboard devicces in bios.. so i did the same but still the same...

now no matter wat i do i get BSOD.. either during copying windows files or after restart...

i think its my motherboard.. what do you guys think??

these r the threads abt that problem i had before...
http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1659250/newly-build-system-stuck-starting-windows-screen.html
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?32183-Newly-Build-System-gets-stuck-on-Starting-Windows-screen

god i am kinda stuck here.. dont know what to do.. T_T

Well if your motherboard is asus, the only thing left is to call them and speak to tier 2 or tier 3.
I checked your other thread in the asus forum and it sounds like you have a faulty mobo on you.
If it were me in your shoes I would look into a different brand of intel mobo.
Call asus monday morning for help, also ask them if you can send them this link so they can understand your problem better.
This motherboard would be much better for you and much more compact, I prefer gigabyte or msi on intel platforms than asus.

Let us know what you do and what happens soon.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128717

syaoran7li

Honorable
Jun 15, 2012

Hey,

well ya i have been having issues with this mobo since i bought it and i got it serviced 3 times or more in 3 years... and im currently having a issue with the board.. that is if i dont use the board for a day or more it freezes to death so only way to turn is back on is using the hair blower method... to heat the 24pin area and bios chip area... so i contacted them asus i mean and told them this and they told me i need to send them the board along with processor and ram..tats the last conversation i had with them a couple of weeks back... and so im a bit hesitant... so now the board was working on tat method tiill now and now i have this blue screen...

hmm buying a new board well i thought about that and there are no x79 boards on the market in India.. so thats a bit of a problem too... but lets say i can get it someway but have to pay more.. but if i have to then there is no other option.. but i just need to make sure of that...

and the board u suggested isnt LGA 2011.. my processor is LGA 2011... the one you suggested it LGA 1150...

syaoran7li

Honorable
Jun 15, 2012
Hey,

well i removed every part from the cabinet and assembled it out side the cabinet and placed the board on top of the motherboard box.. wiped off the thermal paste from cpu and cooler.. reapplied them and connected them... connected both sticks of ram.. connnected gtx 780 cnnected ssd, connected the power supply and tried installing windows 7 aggain... and same got BSOD..

and then i remembered i had a really OLD hdd which ididnt use cuz hdd sentinel told me its life is over and i didnt want data loss so i didnt use it.. i used it and tried to install again.. and same got BSOD..

well i will try with other gpu and 1 stick of ram eacch time...
well i sort of lost all the hope and i kinda get the feeling its the motherboard... but anyway i wil try it and update here in a few mins..

syaoran7li

Honorable
Jun 15, 2012
Hey,

Finally done all the testing and got super tired working all day and i slept.. tats y took time to update sorry about that.. ^_^

well i literally tried every single thing... matching one component with another.. it was a super long process.. switching ram sticks.. with hdd and gpu.. and everytime same result got BSOD either while installation or after installation....

so far the only parts tats not checked are processor and motherboard.. both of which i have no idea how to check... and yesterday taking out of the cabinet my motherboard literally died twice had to use the hair blower trick to bring it back to life... now i took apart every part.. cuz only option is to buy new motherboard... but i really hope its not a processor issue..
do you think it cn be a processor issue??

i contacted the local retailers for ripjawsz and they r like NO we wont refund unless there is a problem with the stick... even if there is a problem we will provide replacement we dont provide refund..
so now i can only hope i get a positive response from gskill.. well will see..

so ifi have to get a new board which 1 should i go with.. i dont want another one with loads of problems.. i want one that works.. with lots of sata connections cuz well you know my configuration ^_^

syaoran7li

Honorable
Jun 15, 2012
SOrry took so long to reply... cuz only now i got it fixed finally...

after trying everything i decided to check the processor so i called intel and told them everything they asked me to send the processor to them and they told me they will check and if they find any problem they will replace it.. and like they said they found there was a problem in my processor so they sent me a new one.. and now its working fine... Thanks everyone for helping me.. ^_^

Hmm never expected the cpu to be the main culprit which is rare.
I still think something is wrong with the mobo based on the symptoms and the problem isn't over yet..
If the north bridge is out of whack with it, expect more problems down the road.
http://www.amazon.com/MSI-Motherboards-X99A-SLI-PLUS/dp/B00UN7AWOY/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1452251214&sr=1-1&keywords=LGA+2011+motherboard

Keep an eye on that, this would be a better upgrade for you if you can catch it on sale under 180.00 dollars.

Good luck.

syaoran7li

Honorable
Jun 15, 2012

Thanks i will... and just like you said i still think my MOBO has the problem.. im just scared of turning it off.. well anyways next time it dies then i have to get a new MOBO cuz im out of warranty... so i will keep in mind what u said.. Thank you so much ^_^

he was running a 2011 cpu but would not update windows RTM to include the microcode patches for the CPU bugs. His memory dump shows he had windows microcode patches dated Mon Jul 13 18:29:10 2009. (2 years before his CPU was released)
Yes a new revision of the CPU with fixed bugs might have fixed it, but so would the microcode patch. There were many other problems with the install but you have to live with them if you refuse to install the operating system updates. You can not install updated 3rd party drivers that require the fixes that are in windows 7 sp 1. if you refuse to install sp1, do not install driver updated that require it.

Just FYI for anyone who actually will read this in the future.