Question BSOD after changing to B450 Aorus Elite

My PC:
  • Ryzen 3 3200
  • RX 580 4gb
  • B450 Aorus Elite
  • 2 HyperX 16gb 2400 RAM
  • EVGA 650w
  • M.2 NVME
I've been having BSOD, and used bluescreenviewer to know that is been caused by:
ntoskrnl.exe
ntoskrnl.exe+1c1510
NT Kernel & System

Does anyone know how to fix it? I work from my PC, and i'm getting desperate... please

Minidump: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SOLKTS8vDuM1AAPcMS0hzkq8LmOAocFX/view?usp=sharing

Welcome to Toms Hardware @Viniciusfleury

have you reset windows? Windows performs worser and is glitchier if you have not reset windows after a new mobo switch

teobsn

Reputable
Oct 14, 2017
I know this thread is one month old, but I currently own the same motherboard as you, the B450 Aorus Elite and have had the same bluescreens, caused by ntoskrnl.exe, and then I found out the motherboard was undervolting the ram to 1.2V, while the ram was rated at 1.35V, and that the DRAM Voltage setting under Advanced Voltage Options simply did not work, putting manual values was simply useless, because then when booting into windows programs would tell me the ram was still at 1.2V. You might want to check whether the voltage is the rated one. The fastest way to check it is writing "wmic memorychip" into command prompt

MMohsen89

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2011
I know this thread is one month old, but I currently own the same motherboard as you, the B450 Aorus Elite and have had the same bluescreens, caused by ntoskrnl.exe, and then I found out the motherboard was undervolting the ram to 1.2V, while the ram was rated at 1.35V, and that the DRAM Voltage setting under Advanced Voltage Options simply did not work, putting manual values was simply useless, because then when booting into windows programs would tell me the ram was still at 1.2V. You might want to check whether the voltage is the rated one. The fastest way to check it is writing "wmic memorychip" into command prompt
Hello,
Had you found a solution for this as I'm experiencing the same issue

teobsn

Reputable
Oct 14, 2017
As of yet, no, although I didn't even try updating the bios since i'm afraid of a power loss (they happen really frequently here) but Gigabyte's website doesn't mention any ram voltage fix anyway, so I had to stick with 3000MHz instead of 3200 on my Corsair LPX

also sorry again for replying way too late i rarely come on this site