Bsod after clean install.

Apr 5, 2018
Hi all. By all means I'm kind of a noob.

Background: I wanted to unpdate my amd graphic card driver. But I couldn't do it due to some error so I did a clean install which required all of the previous Windows 7 updates. So I downloaded 'most' of the updated and then did a clean install of driver as instructed here
https://community.amd.com/thread/180667

Problem: everything was fine but after two days random Bsod> hit restart>fine>ran sfc scannow> gave errors which couldn't be fixed> tried but no avail in safe mode> tried to repair widnows via install disc>nope>

{A very imp part. I made restore points prior to updates. Gone. All of em. Wtf?}

What I did: clean install by formating the 100gb Windows partition on the 1tb drive. Everything fine but then the same happened only this time when running the sfc scannow the errors are fixable.

So now: when I boot up my pc, after every 2nd day we go through this shit..

Most recent boot: start up fine> bsod after 5 min> disk read error on restart> ran easy recovery essentials> gave a list to errors too long> tried system repair from Windows isn't all dsk> 'this version of Windows can't be repaired from This disk' error> tried few more times> got to the repair menu> start up repair failed> restarting. Now everything is fine.

Help. Please.

Solution
run crystaldiskinfo.exe and read the smart data from your drive to see if it is actually failing.
(disk read failure) also make sure you installed the sata drivers for your motherboard vendors website and the CPU chipset drivers.

windows 7 will not go look for bad clusters on your drive and mark them as bad. You have to do a full format rather than a quick format to get them marked as bad. windows 8.x and windows 10 will proactively look for clusters that are returning errors, then it will copy the data from them be reading them over and over in an attempt to get a clean copy. if it does get a clean copy it will move it to a new cluster and mark the old one as bad. for windows 7, you are expected to do this. (funny)
Basically as...
Apr 5, 2018
Some updates: after the first successful load I did a Chkdsk on Windows drive. Was fine. started playing assassins creed origins. Pc hung in the middle of the game after playing for 5min. Now it won't load after. No starting Windows signs. No disk read error even. Just stays black after the initial screen where one can enter bios. Then total abyss

run crystaldiskinfo.exe and read the smart data from your drive to see if it is actually failing.
(disk read failure) also make sure you installed the sata drivers for your motherboard vendors website and the CPU chipset drivers.

windows 7 will not go look for bad clusters on your drive and mark them as bad. You have to do a full format rather than a quick format to get them marked as bad. windows 8.x and windows 10 will proactively look for clusters that are returning errors, then it will copy the data from them be reading them over and over in an attempt to get a clean copy. if it does get a clean copy it will move it to a new cluster and mark the old one as bad. for windows 7, you are expected to do this. (funny)
Basically as the drive wear the alignment of the sector markers and the head move to the point where the drive starts to return errors during the read, with enough ware it can not get a good error free read of the cluster. I am not sure how many times it will try before it returns a error. but each time requires the disk to do a complete revolution before the next attempt at a read can occur. It really slows down the drive and its usage can go up to 100 %

you will also want to check the hard drive cable connections, make sure they have not come loose. loose cables can cause some screwy problems, like connecting and disconnecting several times a second. (due to heat or vibrations)

Solution
sounds like the drive is not working. but do check the system time inside of the bios to make sure it is correct. Just for the case where the motherboard battery backup dies and resets the BIOS configuration back to defaults.
The batteries last for about 5 years

Apr 5, 2018
Hey all. I just dusted my pc and it solved the issue. Posting this so it may help someone else. Turns out dust and probably some loose hardrive connectors were the casue. Cheers