Question BSOD after fresh Windows install ?

Jun 6, 2023
Hello all, my name is Brian and I am here because of some blue screens that I have been getting for a while. I've been getting blue screens for about a year now but haven't really asked anyone what to do. I have run memtest for a total of 7 full passes (skipped one the first time), I've reset my computer multiple times, and I've done a little bit of digging through dump files with no luck, though the latter is because of how unskilled I am.

This time while resetting my computer, I tried to not download any Windows updates and didn't download any of my backup files on the cloud in case those were infected with something. Yet I still got a BSOD. Needless to say, I am confused, I have made a post on the microsoft community forums but I don't know if the person who was helping me is doing the best job so I wanted to ask here as well.

Here is a google drive of all the dumps files I've collected so far (they are all pretty recent):

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1r9ECK7VNcqZ6UXsPBltp-9UxflkMKMEg?usp=sharing

And the most recent one is in the "NewDumps" folder

ubuysa

Distinguished
These dumps point at a hardware issue and most likely RAM. I say this because most of the dumps (including the most recent) have no third-party drivers on their call stacks. That alone is an indicator of a hardware cause. In addition however, many of your dumps fail for inexplicable reasons, and most usually during memory operations.

I would prefer you to run Memtest86, use the extracted tool to make a bootable USB drive and then boot that USB drive. Memtest86 will start running as soon as it boots.

If no errors are found after 4 iterations of the 13 tests then restart Memtest86 and do another 4 iterations (for a total of 8).

If you are also getting help elsewhere please be sure to let us know of anything you are asked to do or change by the other forum.

Jun 6, 2023
I can absolutely run memtest86 again, I've run it twice in the past as I said and passed completely fine. I should also state that the laptop I'm using is the HP omen 15 and I normally use it on Comfort mode for the profile performance setting. Would that possibly have anything to do with the crashes as well? Maybe the comfort mode decreases power used throughout the system and causes some faults somewhere? Also I don't know if this matters but the 2.9 mb dump (don't know if you saw / viewed it) in the new folder is *supposed* to be a complete memory dump whereas the others are small memory dumps. But I thought the complete memory dump would've been a larger file, is there something that I'm missing or not uploading? Or maybe something is set wrong?

If none of this is relevant at all then I will run memtest again for 8 passes and see how it goes, and of course I'll keep uploading any dump files I generate / get.

Also, thank you so much for helping and responding! Sorry for the late reply

- Brian

ubuysa

Distinguished
The performance setting of 'Comfort' might be relevant. Try (temporarily) changing the power option to High Performance and see whether it still BSODs. I've seen some CPUs that become unstable at low power settings or during the transition from Modern Standby to Operational.

BTW Nobody is ever going to download a complete memory dump. In Windows 10/11 the dump file type should be set to 'Automatic memory dump'.