Question BSOD after I installed a new aio

Oct 11, 2020
Here are my specs

(https://pcpartpicker.com/user/aidanchiu/saved/#view=QVmmD3)**

Describe your problem. List any error messages and symptoms. Be descriptive.

I recently installed the NZXT m22 aio to my PC and my games and computer keep crashing. I am greeted with the "blue screen of death" when my whole PC crashes. When I installed the aio, I took the CPU out of the socket and applied new thermal paste, unplugged the PCIE cable that was connecting my GPU to my mother board, and took out of a stick of my ram. I put everything back to how it was before and made sure that the aio was making good contact with the CPU. Immediately after I booted my system up, I was greeted with the BSOD and have been getting it whenever my PC crashes.

List anything you've done in attempt to diagnose or fix the problem.

I monitored my temps every time it has crashed and nothing was overheating. The ram was also not under a lot of stress. I also updated all of the drivers that I could and reinstalled the driver for my GPU.

I installed "WhoCrashed" and it says this after every crash: crash dump file: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP This was probably caused by the following module: watchdog.sys (watchdog!WdLogEvent5_WdCriticalError+0xE0) Bugcheck code: 0x119 (0x2, 0xFFFFFFFFC000000D, 0xFFFFFE065D91B960, 0xFFFF948D6866E3D0) Error: VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\watchdog.sys

If anyone can help me solve this I'd be incredibly grateful. Thanks!

BSOD

Last edited by a moderator:

Colif

Win 10 Master
odd getting a gpu error after installing an AIO

unplugged the PCIE cable that was connecting my GPU to my mother board
what cable is this? a riser cable? see if its attached properly since installing AIO shouldn't effect GPU

Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

Open Windows File Explorer
Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS