BSOD after install

theEmbark

Commendable
Mar 19, 2016
So I'm trying to install Windows 7...
It goes thru the install process and then goes to the 'completing installation' section of the install. Everything acts normal. It restarts a couple of times like it should. Then it restarts and tries to boot into Windows for the first time and BSOD. I've tried multiple installs multiple hard drives. What's going on? The install media is from Microsoft but I am making a USB installer as we speak. Maybe it's corrupt.

Thanks,
Kevin

Hello... What hardware is installed during the install? What are your System specs?

1) If you got a CPU/IGT or MB Video, try installing OS without the GPU card installed... it can be added later.
2) Try disabling/disconnecting any hardware from the MB and BIO's during the OS Install... they can be added one at a time later.
3) Perform a "clean install" (delete Partitions) every time, to a previous installed (attempted) drives.

theEmbark

Commendable
Mar 19, 2016
This is a new install. The disk is a Windows 7 pro 64 bit disk from Microsoft.

My specs are as follows:
EVGA SR-2
Dual Xeon x5680
48gb DDR3 Crucial Sport RAM
GeForce GTX 660

I can't run without a GPU as the Sr-2 doesn't have onboard video.

Thanks,
Kevin

theEmbark

Commendable
Mar 19, 2016
All are working parts but aren't all new.

Would enabling hpet or ahci in BIOS affect the install?

I do have Mac OS on another drive that I use with this machine but at this very minute that drive isn't even connected.

The install media is being created via USB but will take another 30 mins.

Thanks,
Kevin

theEmbark

Commendable
Mar 19, 2016
Hey Iron,

I've done a bit of that but this should be a stable build.

I'm remembering a few years back a similar issue. It had to do with Windows not liking to install on SSDs. Right this second I am writing Windows to a sata drive. If this works then I need to look into why it won't write to a SSD. These are just evo pros by Samsung nothing fancy but we'll see. I'll post back when this is done.

Thanks,
Kevin

theEmbark

Commendable
Mar 19, 2016
So no luck with the SATA drive either.

I tried manually formatting and setting the ssd to mbr with command prompt. No luck there.

I also ran the Windows memory test on the install disk it didn't detect any bad ram or issues with ram.

Pulling pci cards at the moment. FireWire and LAN. But I hardly imagine it being those.

theEmbark

Commendable
Mar 19, 2016
Alright some success!! I've got win 7 installed. I had to pull everything and go to bare bones. So 2 sticks of ram GPU. 1 ssd and mobo.

Now is it going to crash as I add things back in?

theEmbark

Commendable
Mar 19, 2016
And I actually want to upgrade this to win 10. I just didn't have a disk for win 10 so maybe I'll do that before anything else.

I did change my bios settings back without any issues.