Question BSOD after installing new M.2 SSD

Feb 5, 2023
Hi guys,

I installed a Samsung 990 Pro on my Aorus x470 ultra gaming.
After installing my pc can't boot anymore, i get everytime a bsod with "critical service failed".
In the bios i can still see my old drives where windows is installed (SSD Sata and HDD) and i can also see the nvme but it doesn't boot.
If i remove the nvme the pc works fine. but as soon as i put it back it gives me bsod everytime. I tried to install it in both slots M2A and M2B but still the same problem.
Tried system restore and booting in safe mode but still BSOD.
All of this on Windows 11, updated from windows 10 few days ago.

img_20230205_121217-jpg.452203

zplugger

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2008
Been fighting this problem for months with my 990 pro, I finally gave up and removed it and now it sits on a shelf. I do not
think its the drive but the way windows 11 boot manager works. Do you have two OS on that computer? When I get time might reinstall my 990 and try third party boot manager, not sure if it will help.

Feb 5, 2023
Been fighting this problem for months with my 990 pro, I finally gave up and removed it and now it sits on a shelf. I do not
think its the drive but the way windows 11 boot manager works. Do you have two OS on that computer? When I get time might reinstall my 990 and try third party boot manager, not sure if it will help.
Just one, and it's installed on the old ssd. I might try to remove the old ssd and try a clean install of windows 11 on the 990 pro and see if anything changes