BSOD after installing utorrent

deepanshuchg

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2013
I installed utorrent 3 days back and after that am continually getting BSOD. But did a bit research and came to know that utorrent cant be the cause because it does not install kernel level drivers. So what could be the cause?

Have run Full scan using avast in safe mode. And no virus was detected though i said some files could not be scanned,

41ezku435

most likely outdated network drivers. update your driver for you netcard.

deepanshuchg

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2013

In device manager, under network adapter i am getting two options: ( see the driver is fully updated.)

Is this what you meant? If no please guide me how to do it.

PS: I dont have avast antivirus installed now and stil this is showing avast firewall.

-remove the anti virus scanner, it has bugs and is scanning everything coming thru your netcard and could be the cause of the bugcheck in your netcard driver. In my opinion, i would install microsoft security essentials and use that. it is free, light weight, is updated by Microsoft, and if it breaks Microsoft has 100 million people pissed and demanding a fix NOW. tends to get fixed very fast. I use that most of the time and just do a malwarebytes scan
when i remember to check.

- you generally want to update your netcard driver from your computer manufactures website, or from the chip manufactures website. the device manager update is only going to check with microsoft for a update and most vendors don't give their current versions to microsoft.

deepanshuchg

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2013
I have done malware scan using malware byte and scan was clear. Even uninstalled avast and installed avg for the time being. Will check tomorrow if the problem persist. Also have uninstalled utorrent. But can I install in back? As it might not have cause the problem.