BSOD After new motherboard installation.

Albert0724

Honorable
Aug 12, 2013
I just upgraded my mother board and i hit the windows logo for about 1 sec and it just blue sreens. I ONLY changed the motherboard so its not any of my other components.

AMD Phenom II X6 1045t
AMD Radeon 7750
WD Blue 500GB
Seasonic M12II 750
8GB Crucial Ballistix 1333
Gigabtyte 970a-Ud3

Solution
did you install your OS again ? this usually happens when you just change the mobo and didn't re-install the OS . try a fresh installation in another partition or drive just to check . if it is a windows this may happen .

for the next time you want to do it w/o reinstall the OS , right click on Computer then select Manage, on the left menu select Device Manager and uninstall everything . this will tell windows he needs to reinstall everything on the next reboot .

your BSOD is related to IRQs, that had several changes after you changed your mobo. hope this helps and may the force be with you.

samucaninja

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2009
did you install your OS again ? this usually happens when you just change the mobo and didn't re-install the OS . try a fresh installation in another partition or drive just to check . if it is a windows this may happen .

for the next time you want to do it w/o reinstall the OS , right click on Computer then select Manage, on the left menu select Device Manager and uninstall everything . this will tell windows he needs to reinstall everything on the next reboot .

your BSOD is related to IRQs, that had several changes after you changed your mobo. hope this helps and may the force be with you.

Solution

aligwashington

Honorable
Oct 11, 2013
go into safe mode if you can uninstall all the drivers for MB. also make sure if you were on AHCI on the old board set the HDD again in bios on AHCI if all fail just have to reinstall the OS no other way out sorry and good luck.

Albert0724

Honorable
Aug 12, 2013
i havent reinstalled my os yet and i was trying to avoid doing that. I also tried to go in to safe mode and change the drivers but i wasnt able to. I was reading up and i saw that you had to press f8 to enter safe mode but that didnt seem to work. I guess my mobo is different from others. Sorry for the late reply.

TRENDING THREADS