BSOD After Overclock :(

Joshua L

Reputable
Sep 8, 2014
Well here are my current settings using a Gigabyte GA-970A-D3P Motherboard with fully up to date drivers (F5) along with my AMD FX 6300 Six Core Processor. I have everything currently set to default settings. I DID try to overclock and changed some of the voltage which caused the BSOD and have now gone back to default (Yes I pulled the motherboard battery and unplugged from power for 4 hours) and even on default settings it is still going to BSOD when windows starts to load. Current configuration I as follows:

BCLK Clock Control 200.0MHz Auto
CPU NorthBridge Frequency 2000MHz Auto
HT Link Frequency 2400MHz Auto
CPU Clock Ratio 17.50 (Auto and at 3.5GHz)
CPU Vcore 1.25000V
NB Core 1.175V
Vcore Loadline Calibration +100%

Solution
In your bios, look for the sata settings. Try changing from AHCI to IDE or vice versa. It may of changed after you reset the bios. Also make sure your ram timings are correct.

Joshua L

Reputable
Sep 8, 2014

HOLY SHIT you are amazing man!!! Jesus it works without issue!!! I even changed my CPU to 4.0ghz (no voltage changing) and it works 100% stable.

Since you are so amazingly smart lol should I increase past the 4.0 from my 3.5ghz? I do not have a stock cooler it is a massive nickel fin heat sink with a fan blowing between the fins.

Also is there a good low resource monitor that I can have to watch my CPU/RAM/GPU temps?

Again thank you so so much my friend...
EDIT interestingly enough my Windows 7 system settings say my CPU is actually 4.02GHz...... I am anal about numbers is there a way to adjust it to just 4.00?