[SOLVED] BSOD after playing a game

Feb 21, 2021
Hello everyone, I have a problem, when I play about 5 mins of League of Legends or Apex Legends I get a BSOD with the error tcpip.sys ( I used Nirsoft ) If you want me to screen something just tell me, but I really need help please...
My PC specs : GTX 1060 6GB
Intel Xeon E5-1620 v2
8gb of RAM
500gb HDD
( There is no crash in Rocket League and the temperatures are good )

Last edited:
Solution
tcpip.sys is about only thing I remember from an IT course I did in 1999. tcpip.sys - transmission control protocol/internet protocol.
its used by windows to talk to internet. So i guessed its lan/WIFI card drivers. I know WIFI cards based on older chips are a source of BSOD.

Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

Open Windows File Explorer
Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and...
Feb 21, 2021
oh sorry about BSOD I thought it was only a name
anyway for the other threads I tried all of them but no one seem to have the same problem as me ( crashing in a specific game )

Colif

Win 11 Master
tcpip.sys is about only thing I remember from an IT course I did in 1999. tcpip.sys - transmission control protocol/internet protocol.
its used by windows to talk to internet. So i guessed its lan/WIFI card drivers. I know WIFI cards based on older chips are a source of BSOD.

Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

Open Windows File Explorer
Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .

Solution

Colif

Win 11 Master
Microsoft don't call them BSOD. They call them bugchecks, which is what they are.
Bugchecks can be Orange or Green in certain situations, so their name is wrong.
BSOD are only blue because the person who designed them had a monitor that had a blue background with white text, and using the same colours made it easier for him.
Steve Balmer wrote the text that appeared on one version of windows bugcheck text.

Feb 21, 2021
So I tried getting a blue screen but It seems It returned to normal
All I did was update all the drivers ( clean the pc I don't know if It's important )
should I mark this as best response ?

TRENDING THREADS