Question BSOD after running for 12h+

Oct 20, 2019
hi, in august I buld my new pc. since building i've had blue screens every now and again after having my pc on for more than 12 hr. it usually happens when the pc is idle. with bsodviewer it usually gives ntoskrnl.exe as the culprit. im wondering what i can do to find out what the issue is. Here is the minidump for the most recent crash: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnyXol3hnV7NkmTWADfCLxyUrXXt?e=bsL63a
Hope you guys can help me out!

Try checking tour memory first, if it comes up ok then we need to look at your drivers.

1. Click Start button, then type Windows Memory Diagnostic in the search box and hit Enter.
  2. Click Restart now and check for problems(recommended). Be sure to save your work first because your computer will start immediately.
  3. Your computer will restart and the Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool screen will appear. Just let it perform the test. You don’t need to stay and watch the test finishes.
  4. Your computer will automatically reboot and return to the Windows desktop. The test result will show up after you log in. If the result doesn’t show up automatically, you can check it manually.
    Press Win+ R at the same time, then type in eventvwr.msc and hit Enter. Click System option under category Windows Logs on the left pane. On the right pane, click Find….
    Type MemoryDiagnostic in the search box and hit Enter, you will be able to see the result displayed at the bottom of the window.
  5. If the result of your memory diagnose shows that there are certain drivers are at fault, or that you see some error, you have bad RAM. It is very likely that you need to get your RAM changed. If you don’t see anything here, your memory is good. Then we can look at drivers. Let me know.

Oct 20, 2019
Try checking tour memory first, if it comes up ok then we need to look at your drivers.

1. Click Start button, then type Windows Memory Diagnostic in the search box and hit Enter.
  2. Click Restart now and check for problems(recommended). Be sure to save your work first because your computer will start immediately.
  3. Your computer will restart and the Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool screen will appear. Just let it perform the test. You don’t need to stay and watch the test finishes.
  4. Your computer will automatically reboot and return to the Windows desktop. The test result will show up after you log in. If the result doesn’t show up automatically, you can check it manually.
    Press Win+ R at the same time, then type in eventvwr.msc and hit Enter. Click System option under category Windows Logs on the left pane. On the right pane, click Find….
    Type MemoryDiagnostic in the search box and hit Enter, you will be able to see the result displayed at the bottom of the window.
  5. If the result of your memory diagnose shows that there are certain drivers are at fault, or that you see some error, you have bad RAM. It is very likely that you need to get your RAM changed. If you don’t see anything here, your memory is good. Then we can look at drivers. Let me know.
hi, thanks for the reply. i did the test a while ago without any errors. just now i did it again with the same result.

Oct 20, 2019
To analyze a minidump

1. Open Visual Studio.
  2. On the File menu, click Open Project.
  3. Set Files of type to Dump Files, navigate to the dump file, select it, and click Open.
  4. Run the debugger.

The debugger will create a simulated process. The simulated process will be halted at the instruction that caused the crash. Can you post what it comes up with?

Oct 20, 2019
To analyze a minidump

1. Open Visual Studio.
  3. Set Files of type to Dump Files, navigate to the dump file, select it, and click Open.
  4. Run the debugger.
The debugger will create a simulated process. The simulated process will be halted at the instruction that caused the crash. Can you post what it comes up with?
i cant open it because i dont have a certain extension, however i have no idea which extension i need.

edit: nvm i found it

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2019
To analyze a minidump

1. Open Visual Studio.
  4. Run the debugger.
Yeah, visual studio keeps giving me the error that i cant view .dmp files and i dont know how to fix it. would you mind checking out my minidumps. i posted the download link as another comment.