[SOLVED] BSOD after the recent Windows 10 May 2021 update.

aranorde

Honorable
Oct 18, 2017
Hello All,

Issue : I updated my OS to 21H1 with recent updates recently and today I had 2 Bluescreen errors today one after the other within 30mins of doing nothing.

Windows
  • Windows 10 Education 21H1
  • OS build 19043.985
  • Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.2020.0
Specs : (built it this Feb)
  1. Ryzen 5 2600
  2. RX 5600 XT
  3. 16GB DDR4 3200MHz
  4. B450 GAMING PLUS MAX
  5. PNY XLR8 CS3030 256GB NVMe M.2 SSD (OS)
  6. TeamGroup GX2 1TB SATA SSD
Here is what happened, I installed the 21H1 update from windows, then did these.
  1. After updating the windows, I updated my BIOS from 7B86vH7 to 7B86vHB.
  2. I installed latest AMD Chipset Driver from AMD (2.17.25.506) - Except for the AMD Powerplan option.
Was gaming and everything was running as it should. - Had game specific crashes but these are common game-related (Dx12 crash in The Division 2)

After this windows had bunch of other updates 2 days later of updating to 21H1 (installed yesterday)
  • KB5003254 (Installed 3rd, june)
  • KB5000736 (Installed 3rd, june)
  • Servicing Stack 10.0.19041.1022 (Yesterday)
  • KB5003214 (Yesterday)
  • KB5003173 (Today)
Then suddenly 2 Bluescreen errors as mentioned.

Below are the Event Viewer results.

First one :
  • Source : volmgr
  • ID : 161
  • Message : Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation.
What I did : I ran scan commend and it did fix some corrupted files. But 30mins later, I got another BSOD. Not sure if these are related but here is the result.

Second :

• Source : BugCheck
  • ID : 1001
  • Message : The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000001e (0xffffffffc000001d, 0xfffff80207a886b8, 0xffffb18cb5dcd0c0, 0x0000000000000000). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 3cfc6ffa-03ba-4905-969c-8e6409feed8d. (The minidump is linked below)
What I did :
Now I have been using the PC for more than 4hrs without any crash, even ran game benchmarks and everything seems to be working as normal.

This is my minidump file, can someone please check and let me know the cause of the Bluescreen error?

I also ran into bunch of posts suggesting that KB5003173 is causing Bluescreen errors, but I can not uninstall it for some reason. No uninstall button pops up to do it in Uninstall Updates section.

I want to get to the root cause of this issue. Can anyone help me identify the reason?

Solution
volmgr, is volume manager, you might want to try and uninstall your audio drivers and then reinstall them in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator. I'm assuming you're on Realtek's audio solution and not on an USB driven sound card or headset.

When I've found a system to have a BSOD, while on Windows 10 and it happened after updates, I often don't waste time and move to reinstall the OS. I recreate the bootable USB installer using Windows Media Creation Tools and then proceed to reinstall the OS, provided there are no BISO updates to deal with. Since you've made sure you're on the latest BIOS, you only need to manually install any and/or all drivers for your motherboard. I recommend downloading them prior...

Lutfij

Titan
volmgr, is volume manager, you might want to try and uninstall your audio drivers and then reinstall them in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator. I'm assuming you're on Realtek's audio solution and not on an USB driven sound card or headset.

When I've found a system to have a BSOD, while on Windows 10 and it happened after updates, I often don't waste time and move to reinstall the OS. I recreate the bootable USB installer using Windows Media Creation Tools and then proceed to reinstall the OS, provided there are no BISO updates to deal with. Since you've made sure you're on the latest BIOS, you only need to manually install any and/or all drivers for your motherboard. I recommend downloading them prior to the reinstall from MSI's support page and have them on a pen drive. Disconnect from the www prior to OS install and reconnect to the www after you're done installing all drivers.

Note, please install any and/or all drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS