aetheroo

Prominent
Nov 13, 2020
Specs :
Motherboard : Asrock B450M-HDV (Brand new)
CPU : AMD Ryzen 5 3500 (Brand new)
Ram : Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB DDR4-2133
GPU : Asus GTX 960 2GB
PSU : XFX XT 400W

I upgraded my pc from a Pentium G4400, The ram was working fine from before i upgraded my pc, after seating everything correctly and putting my ram in the second slot, My pc boots up and blue screens a few minutes later with the error info showing "Memory Management", after switching the ram from the second slot to the first slot, the pc boots up and is still working as of now. I heard that using one stick of ram on the first slot will take some performance away, Is there by any chance my second slot of ram is fried or am i in the clear?

Solution
If you have only one ram stick, your motherboard manual will tell you which slot to put it in.
You likely found this our by trial and error.

It is using just one stick that has the performance issue.
You are running in slower single channel mode.
Ryzen is tightly tied to ram for performance.
You are leaving performance on the table with a single stick.
Ram is cheap enough. Buy a single kit of 2 x 8gb.
If you like the corsair ram, go to the corsair web site and enter their ram selection app.
Enter your motherboard and you will get a list of supported ram kits.
Buy one of the faster kits if you can.

RealBeast

Titan
Specs :
Motherboard : Asrock B450M-HDV (Brand new)
CPU : AMD Ryzen 5 3500 (Brand new)
Ram : Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB DDR4-2133
GPU : Asus GTX 960 2GB
PSU : XFX XT 400W

I upgraded my pc from a Pentium G4400, The ram was working fine from before i upgraded my pc, after seating everything correctly and putting my ram in the second slot, My pc boots up and blue screens a few minutes later with the error info showing "Memory Management", after switching the ram from the second slot to the first slot, the pc boots up and is still working as of now. I heard that using one stick of ram on the first slot will take some performance away, Is there by any chance my second slot of ram is fried or am i in the clear?
What is your full memory model number?

Most likely the memory is not compatible, at least at the stock settings. AMD Matisse CPUs don't seem to like Corsair Vengeance LPX, as we have seen many posts on this pairing causing issues.

If you have only one ram stick, your motherboard manual will tell you which slot to put it in.
You likely found this our by trial and error.

It is using just one stick that has the performance issue.
You are running in slower single channel mode.
Ryzen is tightly tied to ram for performance.
You are leaving performance on the table with a single stick.
Ram is cheap enough. Buy a single kit of 2 x 8gb.
If you like the corsair ram, go to the corsair web site and enter their ram selection app.
Enter your motherboard and you will get a list of supported ram kits.
Buy one of the faster kits if you can.

Solution