[SOLVED] BSoD after upgrading ram

Sep 8, 2021
Hi, today my g.skill aegis 2x8 sticks arrived to add to my existant 2x4 also g.skill aegis and they are all 2400mhz 15cl, but when i installed them my pc booted into a BSoD with the error "bad system config info", Ive tried every single slot with each one and it worked,
what also worked: only the 2 new sticks, 1 new stick and 1 old stick and 3 sticks ( 2 new ones and 1 old one) but it blue screened when i first tried them but after restarting sometimes it worked as if by magic since i didnt change anything and after 10ish hours of use I got yet another blue screen. I tried searching the error but nothing ive tried has worked if anyone has a solution to my problem I will thank you very much if u could me.

specs:
cpu: i3-7100k
mobo: asus 270-p
memory: 2x4 + 2x8 aegis g.skill sticks
ssd: 850+860 samsung evo 250gb

Solution
DDR4 is so picky--you're lucky it boots at all.

I would do this--install only the new kit and then download a live boot of memtest86 and run it on the new. If that passes, run it on the old. If that passes then try 1 module of the new and 1 module of the old, each in a different bank/channel and see if that tests okay. If so, add the other module of each set and test again. Until you can pass memtest, don't even bother trying to boot windows.

Ferimer

Distinguished
Hi, today my g.skill aegis 2x8 sticks arrived to add to my existant 2x4 also g.skill aegis and they are all 2400mhz 15cl, but when i installed them my pc booted into a BSoD with the error "bad system config info", Ive tried every single slot with each one and it worked,
what also worked: only the 2 new sticks, 1 new stick and 1 old stick and 3 sticks ( 2 new ones and 1 old one) but it blue screened when i first tried them but after restarting sometimes it worked as if by magic since i didnt change anything and after 10ish hours of use I got yet another blue screen. I tried searching the error but nothing ive tried has worked if anyone has a solution to my problem I will thank you very much if u could me.

specs:
cpu: i3-7100k
mobo: asus 270-p
memory: 2x4 + 2x8 aegis g.skill sticks
ssd: 850+860 samsung evo 250gb
could be that the two ram kits aren't fully compatible. It happens, its why they recommend using from all the same KIT.

I would do this--install only the new kit and then download a live boot of memtest86 and run it on the new. If that passes, run it on the old. If that passes then try 1 module of the new and 1 module of the old, each in a different bank/channel and see if that tests okay. If so, add the other module of each set and test again. Until you can pass memtest, don't even bother trying to boot windows.

Reactions: Lycan23
Solution
Sep 8, 2021

i will try it and post results here thank you

Sep 8, 2021

i will try it and post results here thank you
Ok so the new kit only failed the test should i keep going?