[SOLVED] BSOD after week of pc building

Freeze Aim

Reputable
Nov 8, 2016
Hello all!

After building my pc, and play day after day, today I encountered a BSOD. The error was "Page Fault in Non-Paged Area". As of now I've only gotten this once. Is this something to worry about or should I just ignore it?

Solution
what are specs of the PC?

Its likely a driver. one isn't a problem, but in case you get more
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site, and share the link in your thread so we can help fix the problem
Hey again, I got another BSOD but of another error; kernel security check failure. I think I'm going to do a clean reinstall of Windows 10...

Edit: When I do sfc /scannow there are corrupt system files but windows cannot fix them. Should I just do a...

Colif

Win 11 Master

Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site, and share the link in your thread so we can help fix the problem

Freeze Aim

Reputable
Nov 8, 2016

Yep, I'll update if any more bsods are present.

Freeze Aim

Reputable
Nov 8, 2016

Hey again, I got another BSOD but of another error; kernel security check failure. I think I'm going to do a clean reinstall of Windows 10...

Edit: When I do sfc /scannow there are corrupt system files but windows cannot fix them. Should I just do a complete reinstall?

Solution

Colif

Win 11 Master
Are you using a new installer?

have you got latest bios on motherboard?
latest drivers?
PC overclocked?

if its only a 1 week old PC you could reinstall

Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors.

Freeze Aim

Reputable
Nov 8, 2016
Are you using a new installer?

have you got latest bios on motherboard?
latest drivers?
PC overclocked?

if its only a 1 week old PC you could reinstall

Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors.
No i havent updated my bios. Should i do that?