[SOLVED] BSOD after Win 10 update for the last 3 months!

Jeff_120

Honorable
Dec 11, 2016
I tried for the 3rd time 2 days ago to update my Win 10 64 to the latest, it ended again with a BSOD after reboot, I had to uninstall the update to recover my working Win 10.
I thought this problem will occur only with September update, but it did the same in October and now.
I think they still try to update to September update before going into the later
Any way to bypass the September/October updates and go directly to November one?

Solution
Can you recall what BSOD code it was?

Have you checked to make sure you have latest drivers/software for motherboard as often times it could be a driver causing the BSOD.

What PC do you have?
which version number of windows 10 are you on?
right click start
choose run...
type winver and press enter
current version is 1909

have you run the windows update troubleshooter?

Have you tried to download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB, and run update via the USB as at least then you only have to download it once.

on link above, if you click Update now link, it will download the upgrade assistant. Run it to get 1909 right now.

1909 isn't very big, it took 2 minutes to install on my...

Colif

Win 11 Master
Can you recall what BSOD code it was?

Have you checked to make sure you have latest drivers/software for motherboard as often times it could be a driver causing the BSOD.

What PC do you have?
which version number of windows 10 are you on?
right click start
choose run...
type winver and press enter
current version is 1909

have you run the windows update troubleshooter?

Have you tried to download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB, and run update via the USB as at least then you only have to download it once.

on link above, if you click Update now link, it will download the upgrade assistant. Run it to get 1909 right now.

1909 isn't very big, it took 2 minutes to install on my pc, I think all it changed was version number, the patch that came before it took about 30 minutes to install and I think it was where most of 1909 was, so you may still need the updates.

Solution

Jeff_120

Honorable
Dec 11, 2016
= Didn't know the motherboard drivers had to be updated, meaning audio and LAN drivers?
Bios is updated already to latest one
It's a PC I build myself
Ryzen 2700 on MSI B450M with 16gb ddr4