Question BSOD after Windows startup

May 17, 2023
Hey everyone,

Sorry if this question has been asked previously, but I seem to be getting a BSOD after starting up from a shutdown or hibernate, however, it's not consistent (sometimes I've been able to use my PC without an issue). I've tried using it in safe mode, both with and without networking, and it works fine.
I believe it has something to do with the previous owner and what they have done with this as it has been happening ever since I bought it a few months ago, although it got worse in the past week or so. I reinstalled Windows 10 a month ago and the blue screen still showed up with varying reasons, some of which I'll list below;
- KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED (reason not listed)
- CRITICAL STRUCTURE CORRUPTION (What failed: tcpip.sys)
- PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (What failed: Wdf01000.sys)
- SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (reason not listed)
- DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (What failed: tcpip.sys)
* I might be missing a few *

I should also state that my USB ports didn't work for the first 2-4 minutes after startup at times.
The specs for my PC are listed below:

MOTHERBOARD: B150M-Gaming
CPU: Intel Core i5-7400, 3.00GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
RAM: 16GB
SOFTWARE: Windows 10 Pro

I set up the minidump today but couldn't determine the cause as I'm relatively inexperienced in this, so I was hoping one of you would be able to assist me with this issue.

Thanks in advance to anyone who helps!

Last edited:
Hey everyone,

Sorry if this question has been asked previously, but I seem to be getting a BSOD after starting up from a shutdown or hibernate, however, it's not consistent (sometimes I've been able to use my PC without an issue). I've tried using it in safe mode, both with and without networking, and it works fine.
I believe it has something to do with the previous owner and what they have done with this as it has been happening ever since I bought it a few months ago, although it got worse in the past week or so. I reinstalled Windows 10 a month ago and the blue screen still showed up with varying reasons, some of which I'll list below;
- KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED (reason not listed)
- CRITICAL STRUCTURE CORRUPTION (What failed: tcpip.sys)
- PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (What failed: Wdf01000.sys)
- SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (reason not listed)
- DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (What failed: tcpip.sys)
* I might be missing a few *

I should also state that my USB ports didn't work for the first 2-4 minutes after startup at times.
The specs for my PC are listed below:

MOTHERBOARD: B150M-Gaming
CPU: Intel Core i5-7400, 3.00GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
RAM: 16GB
SOFTWARE: Windows 10 Pro

I set up the minidump today but couldn't determine the cause as I'm relatively inexperienced in this, so I was hoping one of you would be able to assist me with this issue.

Thanks in advance to anyone who helps!
Just to get it out of the mix put a copy of memtest86 on a flash stick.
Boot the stick and let it run......no errors allowed.

Reactions: htDonau
May 17, 2023
Looks like you have an old bios but before going down the upgrade path test again with memtest using just one stick of ram fitted in the slot farthest from the cpu.

Then test the other stick in the same slot.
So do MemTest again with one stick of ram in the farthest slot, then once that's finished, use the other stick? Does it take less time to do so as the first test took a couple hours or so

May 17, 2023
Looks like you have an old bios but before going down the upgrade path test again with memtest using just one stick of ram fitted in the slot farthest from the cpu.

The results of the first RAM stick is below, no errors. This stick was originally furthest away from the CPU

The second stick is being tested now.

May 17, 2023

The results of the second RAM stick. This was originally in the slot closest to CPU.

Since there were no errors, does that mean it's a motherboard issue, or something else?

The results of the second RAM stick. This was originally in the slot closest to CPU.

Since there were no errors, does that mean it's a motherboard issue, or something else?
Remove the ram stick you just tested from the far slot from the cpu and fit it in the 2nd slot from the cpu.

Before you put the ram in the 2nd slot look close at the slot to make sure it's not full of crud or has any damaged pins.

Run memtest.

May 17, 2023
Remove the ram stick you just tested from the far slot from the cpu and fit it in the 2nd slot from the cpu.

Before you put the ram in the 2nd slot look close at the slot to make sure it's not full of crud or has any damaged pins.

Run memtest.
I only have 2 slots.
I'm currently using my PC as the BSODs have stopped for now, so I'm not sure whether it's a hardware or software related issue

May 17, 2023
When I'm free, I can continue testing. Did you want me to still try the other slot for any errors with both RAM sticks or just the RAM stick that was originally in the closest slot?

May 17, 2023
Is it possible the RAM sticks can only be slotted in a specific slot because ever since I last tested them and switched the sticks around, my PC hasn't blue-screened.

May 17, 2023
How do I go about updating my BIOS, as I think it's the root of some of my problems? Also a new BSOD of FLTMGR.SYS just started showing up, however I've only seen it twice.