[SOLVED] BSOD (Almost always "return: Machine Owner") (Included TXT file with all DMP's Pre-Analyzed)

Apr 2, 2021
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tL4dqhzps_1835-M-mD4MQK4dyK6HAMa/view?usp=sharing
Here are some pre-analyzed dmp files that you can look through (in txt format)

I mostly get Machine Owner returns and it seems like most crash notes are IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL, SYS SERVICE EXCEPTION and KERNEL SECURITY CHECK or something along those lines. Ive also realised that
almost all of them state "svchost.exe or ntkrnlmp.exe" Idk what can be deduced from that though.

Solution
you need to share links, its asking for a password

can you check if you have a C:/windows/minidump folder?
if you do,
  1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .

if you don't,
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on...

Colif

Win 11 Master

if you do,
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder

if you don't,
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD
and then follow steps above (the ones if you do) and we will see what we can figure out.

Last edited:
Solution
Apr 2, 2021

if you do,
if you don't,
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD
and then follow steps above (the ones if you do) and we will see what we can figure out.
I have updated the link so anyone with the link should be able to access it, Also i tried that method and they wont be compressed into zip for some reason :/

Colif

Win 11 Master
what are specs of the PC? what storage do you have?

1. irq error relates to pfn 054
  2. System service exception relates to pfn 054a
  3. Kernel security check failure - victim is Steam, could mean WIFI/Ethernet drivers (depends which you use)
  4. irq error relates to pfn 054
  5. Kernel security check failure - victim is Steam (again), could mean WIFI/Ethernet drivers (depends which you use)

Both kernel security check failures are likely lan drivers
List above is more for me, its odd to see 3 BSOD all mention same pfn. PFN - Page Frame Number - https://social.technet.microsoft.co...les/15259.page-frame-number-pfn-database.aspx

I wonder if its ram or storage, pfn lives in virtual memory which is a imaginary place created by windows so that programs think you have more ram than you possibly can. Its physical locations are either page file or ram

Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors. Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it

Apr 2, 2021
what are specs of the PC? what storage do you have?

1. irq error relates to pfn 054
  2. System service exception relates to pfn 054a
  3. Kernel security check failure - victim is Steam, could mean WIFI/Ethernet drivers (depends which you use)
  4. irq error relates to pfn 054
  5. Kernel security check failure - victim is Steam (again), could mean WIFI/Ethernet drivers (depends which you use)
Both kernel security check failures are likely lan drivers
List above is more for me, its odd to see 3 BSOD all mention same pfn. PFN - Page Frame Number - https://social.technet.microsoft.co...les/15259.page-frame-number-pfn-database.aspx

I wonder if its ram or storage, pfn lives in virtual memory which is a imaginary place created by windows so that programs think you have more ram than you possibly can. Its physical locations are either page file or ram

Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors. Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it
I Have a 1TB drive from WD Blue and 16 gb of ram (vengance corsair) at 3200
Ill check out that link you sent though to see if that can help me

Colif

Win 11 Master
How do i find what lan drivers that i need to update?

if you had given us the dump files I would know what drivers you have, but since I don't

Can you download and run Driverview - http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/driverview.html

All it does is looks at drivers installed; it won't install any (this is intentional as 3rd party driver updaters often get it wrong)

When you run it, go into view tab and set it to hide all Microsoft drivers, will make list shorter.

Now its up to you, you can look through the drivers and try to find old drivers, or you can take a screenshot from (and including)Driver name to (and including)Creation date.

upload it to an image sharing website and show link here

All I would do is look at driver versions (or dates if you lucky to have any) to see what might have newer versions.

gardenman

Splendid
I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/ewrasmv0/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.
File information:050521-29328-01.dmp (May 5 2021 - 03:43:18)
Bugcheck:KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE (139)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: steam.exe)
Uptime:2 Day(s), 11 Hour(s), 00 Min(s), and 20 Sec(s)

File information:050221-34062-01.dmp (May 2 2021 - 16:39:10)
Bugcheck:IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (A)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: svchost.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 22 Hour(s), 33 Min(s), and 17 Sec(s)

File information:050221-30109-01.dmp (May 1 2021 - 18:05:12)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 7 Hour(s), 33 Min(s), and 10 Sec(s)

File information:050121-39281-01.dmp (May 1 2021 - 10:31:22)
Bugcheck:SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3B)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 5 Hour(s), 13 Min(s), and 20 Sec(s)

File information:042921-27906-01.dmp (Apr 29 2021 - 12:53:39)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 51 Min(s), and 25 Sec(s)
Possible Motherboard page: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/B450-TOMAHAWK-MAX
There is a BIOS update available for your system. 3.A is the latest stable version and you are using 3.6. We recommend avoiding Beta versions such as 3.B2. Wait for additional information before deciding to update or not. Important: Verify that I have linked to the correct motherboard. Updating your BIOS can be risky. Never try it when you might lose power (lightning storms, recent power outages, etc).

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Colif

Win 11 Master